Rock the Dock

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Rock the Dock

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Any first day Rock the Dock reports?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Talltails

Re: Rock the Dock

Post by Talltails »

No first day report, but here's my second day report. :-D
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Braggart :-D
Congratulations actually.
What did you catch?
Who else won what?
How was the fishing?
Hard?
Easy?
What was in the Captains' bags?
Etc.Etc.Etc.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

We fished out of Lanark yesterday and managed 10 keeper trout from 17.50 - 19.99 with 2 keepers over 20". Big trout was 23" & weighed 3.8 lbs. but we didn't go to the weigh in. Figured there had to be numerous other people that caught trout over that. All trout were caught on topwater and twitchbaits. Water temp was 89 :o

We did get bored with the inshore action and went out to a spot in 45 ft. behind DI. Managed 15 grouper with only 3 keeper gags. Pinfish got lit up as soon as we could get them on the bottom. Too bad we only had 8 of them in the livewell :( The other hit a pink Calcutta minnow bounced off the bottom. We probably would have managed more, but we went grouper fishing with our inshore rods. That was fun with live bait for sure :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I heard your Big Trout would have been worth $500.00. :(
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

I believ Casey Cook got 3rd on the trout with a 4.35. I was fourth with a 4.30. My wife and I caught alot of trout,flounder,spanish, and reds.The weather was great! Report to come later.
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Your Mother let you go fishing?
Congratulations on your one place out of the money trout.
Been there done that.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

Yeah it stinks. But glad it was Casey!
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I caught lots of Reds too big, or too small. About 6:30 am, I had a douchebag motor down on me driving a yellow Ranger, in 8 inches of water about 4 miles from Rock Island, as I was hooked up, and I have pictures. Now there is a hundred miles of shoreline, and he chose this randomly, beside me, while I'm fighting a Redfish. I know everyone has had this happen, but it sux. Then when I said "Are you kidding with me?" He proceeded to tell me about this being a free country. I guess DB's are free to be DB's. An argument ensued, and they ended up leaving after figuring out they were in an Oyster bed minefield. Theres a good reason those other boats were 500 yards from the grass and I was next to it. I was in a plastic boat that drafts 4 inches and does not cost 5 figures. My day got better, like when I left there and went to Levy Bay to catch the great high tide action, and an Airboat left the ramp and headed right to the grass. When I left there and went to Lanark and felt no love from the fish and hit St George Island. Had a good day there but my fish were either too big (29" Red) or not big enough (22" Trout). I decided to fish through the night when Cletus and Boudrow showed up with their John Boat with a 550 lb capacity, loaded with a 155 quart cooler, generator, two big fellars, and I think a local high school football field is missing their lights, cause this boat had them all over it. I could not escape the loud generator, and the light noise, but at least I was not one of those multi-million dollar home owners that was trying to enjoy a peaceful night. I was entertained by some words exchanged by them that I did not have in my vocabulary. I was completely amazed that they could make a reasonable exchange of words with the military surplus generator they were using that was most likely designed to serve a small camp of 8000 soldiers making all that racket. I paddled about a mile away and got a snot cat on the line that found a way to stab me in the back of my hand when I tried to shake the hook out of his mouth with the de-hooker. At this point my hand was numb and I had a difficult time holding the paddle without praying for a shark to come and take my life quickly to end this miserable day, but alas, sharks would not even help me. I paddled back to the hill and was blinded by Cletus and finally got pass them and all I had in front of me was a very long shadow made by the 5000 watt high pressure sodium bulbs in each of the 24 lights on their boat. As i left them behind me, they turned off the generator and left. I found a place to park my truck near the water and sleep, about 15 miles away, til the next morning since this is a two day tournament, and I set up camp around midnight. And here comes Cletus and Budrow rounding the corner and complaining that they went through more whiskey than gas. They only hugged that shoreline til about 2:00 am. Set out on the water and caught lots of small fish with a hard east wind. Called the Callaghan boys and Jason said he caught a 7lb Red on his first cast, made two more and caught 2nd and 3rd place flounder, and had first place trout from the day before. Liam was mad that he was catching so many 25" trout, and landed a 26.5" redfish right beside me to wrap up third place Redfish, and 2nd place Trout, and maybe third place trout. Great weekend. Just great.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Well you can't say you didn't give it a hard try.
Great read and report.
Thanks for sharing.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Beat work'n :thumbup: :thumbup:
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Chewy Sims took first place Trout in the rec division with 4.5lbs. Bryce Hill took second red with 6.8lbs and I took 3rd place with 6.6lbs. Not sure who had 1st place red.
I caught lots of fish, 6 over slots first thing Sunday morning but couldn't get that money fish. Great tournament! :thumbup:
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

There were 138 recreational anglers, 14 kayakers and I don't know how many Masters divison there were in the tournament.
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Are the results posted anywhere?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »