Keaton 5-23

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FMI

Keaton 5-23

Post by FMI »

Had a late start this morning on the kayak but, it didn't seem to be a problem. Found the reds where I was expecting them... one week makes quite a difference. In 2.5-3 hours I landed 5 reds, had 4 missed hooksets, 1 break off and twice ran out of water between me and the fish stalking the lure. The first red was about 24" on a quick retrive. After that fish it took a bit to find the presentantion they wanted. This led to the other fish which were 27 - 32".

I left after my break off while the bite was still on. I was content with the day and didn't want to put to much pressure on the school.

There was a lot more bait this weekend than last. While fishing for reds I saw 3 legal sheepshead and 2 spanish.

Yesterday I fished just for a bit with my sister before she was ready to hit Grassy and swim. I landed a 26 3/4" red on a exude and she had a red on at the same time until it spit the hook. I saw a few reds just north of keaton as the tide was slacking out.

Sorry if there are any typos, I posted this from my cell phone on a hammock... :smt006
GULP! free since 83' ;)
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton 5-23

Post by jadams92002 »

:thumbup:
ddb

Post by ddb »

Glad you had a good trip :thumbup:
FMI

Post by FMI »

Thanks! I responded to your PM, if there is anything else I can do let me know.
GULP! free since 83' ;)
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Long paddle from Keaton to Grassy in a Kayak ain't it FMI? It's a fer piece in a motorized boat.

salute2
Semper Fi
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Nice report!

Sounds like you know what you are doing!

Reminds me of looking at candy through the glass and thinking, "How can I get my hands in the jar!"

Thanks!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
FMI

Post by FMI »

CSMarine wrote:Long paddle from Keaton to Grassy in a Kayak ain't it FMI? It's a fer piece in a motorized boat.

salute2
From Cedar Island to the north end of Grassy on a high tide paddle (saves about a mile or so one way over bottomed out tide) it's about 5.5 miles one way. I did just over 13 miles this past fall in some stout winds in to shallow of water which made of a "Fun" paddle. With an efficient kayak it's not a bad paddle, to me the paddle is 1/2 the fun.

PM inbound

SS-342 wrote:Nice report!
Thanks! It was a bit lacking on details and pictures but posting on a cell is limiting... I'll see about adding more detail to the next report.

Sounds like you know what you are doing!
You know what they say; Even a blind acorn finds a squirrel every now and then...

Reminds me of looking at candy through the glass and thinking, "How can I get my hands in the jar!"
This made me chuckle :lol:

Thanks!
Thank you!
GULP! free since 83' ;)