Check your lights and any other dastardly deeds

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Williamsdad

Check your lights and any other dastardly deeds

Post by Williamsdad »

My son and 2 friends got pulled over yesterday on the way to Shell Point (almost there) by an undercover FHP Officer, who turned his unmarked car around to chase them down for taillights being out on the trailer. It was 7:02 am (not even dark).

That's my fault, not his, but that's beside the point.

After a very long stop, Sergeant A. Stone issued a citation. The citation says the fine is $111.00, but the Officer thought, and wrote on the citation, that the fee is only $10.00 if we get it fixed and certified within 30 days - no big deal.

To verify the process, this morning I called the Wakulla County Courthouse. The Clerk told me the fine will be $91.00, even if fixed and certified within the time frame. She said Sergeant Stone was mistaken, and I should “blame the Legislature".

I have a call in to the Officer, just to make sure we’re getting the right story. He hasn’t called me back.

Just venting, wish I was venting fish.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Re: Check your lights and any other dastardly deeds

Post by Tidedancer »

Why does he not hang around Eastpoint and attack the oyster men. 90% of the trailer lights there do not work.
boggob
Site Sponsor

Post by boggob »

FHP hates Wakulla
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

If it is the same Officer Stone.......he lives in Carrabelle. He use to be the officer pictured on all the gas pumps through out the state warning of "Driving off without paying for your gas."
boggob wrote:FHP hates Wakulla
Dude we don't need any targets on our backs.

Wakulla loves the FHP. :wink:
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Correction, FHP hates the WCSO :smt012 lots of bad blood between them :smt011
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Wevans, :beer:

I saw Dale a while back. He has his name on the side of his car. I thought that was cool. :thumbup:
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Sgt. Stone just returned my 2nd call. He was nice enough, just a "company guy" I guess, not phased at all by the difference in fine ($91.00 vs. $10.00 he told us). Said he was mostly concerned about the brake lights, which he admitted were working, huh?

He even asked for a fishing report. Told him they didn't do much, which unfortunately, was the truth.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Well then if the brake lights were working and he stopped them before sunset then there in no case. It's my thinking that Sgt. Stone is not good for the community and should be removed from working in this area. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder. FWIT, I have not had a ticket in 30 years, so that is not where this is coming from.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Just for clarification - not advocating that, just sharing for the good of all. And it was just before sunrise 7:02 am, maybe it was a long night.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Well, if it is like Georgia, if he had the lights ON, and they were not working, ticket. However, if he had them off, and the brake lights worked, then no ticket. The law here is lights on 30 minutes after sunset till 30 minutes before sunrise.

Let me tell you how reality plays these things out. You probably could beat it if you go to court, but these counties know out of towners are most likely not going to lose a days work, and just pay a $91.00 fine. Don't you notice how they always keep the fine just low enough to not make it worthwhile to go fight it?

The word here is REVENUE. Governments are like a vampire at the juglar right now for funds with the economy like it is. Look for more tickets for trivial stuff than ever before.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.