What is lucky for you?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

What is lucky for you?

Post by fishinfool »

I have noticed that there have been a few "Lucky" items mentioned recently. Is there anything you do or wear or carry with you that you consider lucky? Also is there something you feel is NOT lucky?
Personally, I feel it is lucky for me to not shave the morning of a fishing trip. I may or may not shower, but never shave. I have moderate success with this, but it is the one thing that does not change so I am able to scratch it off the list when I am trying to come up with a reason as to why that monster Red cannot get that topwater in his mouth.Or why that knot I have tied 1000 times without a failure, pulled through.
I would like to hear your Lucky
FF salute1
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Re: What is lucky for you?

Post by red_yakker »

I accidentaly left my lucky fishing shirt soaking in Iron Out for too long a couple weeks ago and it got kinda bleached. Now, instead of blue, it's like a blueish, tannish camo color. :smt010 I haven't tried it since the accident. I hope I didn't bleach the good luck out of it. :smt012
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Been a few comments on the board in the past about bananas bringing bad luck. Here's a link to a single thread on the subject:
http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... lit=banana
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
bman

Post by bman »

You fellas know its my hat! Also have a really beat up chug bug that is just right.... and a Heddon tiny torpedo
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I've always heard bananas and boiled eggs on the boat were bad luck. Being superstitious to the point of obsessive compulsive, I always rub my dogs belly before a trip. If she's not there, I trim some belly hair to rub the am of the trip. Crazy, I know. There are a couple of lucky shirts also, the luckiest only comes out for tournies.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Mdnght_Wlf

Post by Mdnght_Wlf »

Since winning a tourney, I wear the exact same outfit (hat, shirt, shorts, flip flops). I screwed up last month and left my 'lucky' sunglasses in Crawfordville. Won't make that mistake again! :)