8-08

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

8-08

Post by skitterwalk »

yes i know its geting boreing to look at all of my fish i catch every day but i still post em any way :mrgreen: . well today was definetly different on the the water to say the least. i get out there 15 minutes before the sunrise and cunnk my skitt into the abyss in hopes to feel a tug on the other end but all i heard were pops and strikes with no hookups. then i hear the destinctive voice of suber on the shore and a few other voices. then... i see em! i was like the flats mafia comming to get me :lol:
it was crunch, TT, and Jsuber in search of the forgotten coast's most wanted 8) . good to see yall on the water.we say hey and they are off to try and tangle with the beast. i keep fishing and hook up with 2 reds and miss around 5 of em but that the trade off when topwater fishing.

smallest one this week
two more after the storm came through

i catch a few 20" trout off of the mack feasts with diving birds along with alot of pesky lady fish :evil:
but then i finally hook a drag puller on the chug bug and am relieved to hear the drag singing its wonderful tunes.i think to myself"man i didnt know a spanish could pull so hard jeez" then as i was thinking that a HUGE blacktip leaps out of the air spining and lands on its side! WOO HOO i was dumb founded with the shark i was attatched to and was fully intent on landing it to get some KW points :-)
45 min later:
i have been towed all the way to the channel and passing a few boats saying "holy crap look at that rod! and and he is being towed look guys! and i just smile and wave. when i get him up to the boat this is what i saw

yes yes i know big shark.and i also know CC catches them all the time that size while tarpoon fishing but when u put it on a trout rod it is a different story.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: 8-08

Post by Harmsway »

So, did you get your lure back? :o
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

All this catchin' going on, you'd think you could crack a smile now and then. :wink:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:D :smt005

SilverKing..........if you had to listen to Suber at dark thirty you wouldn't want to smile either.
Last edited by Jumptrout51 on August 9th, 2010, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good job there Skit :thumbup: I love it when the young'ns put it on us... :-D Keep it up :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".