8-29-10Ahhhh

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

red_yakker
Site Sponsor

8-29-10Ahhhh

Post by red_yakker »

Seth and I decided to catch the incoming tide yesterday afternoon, despite the wind. We paddled out from Adam's Beach, dropped the drift socks in about 2 feet of water, and let the wind carry us out. We were both fishing Gulps, mine on the bottom, his under a Cajun Thunder. We caught several short trout before Seth hooked up with a decent 22" redfish. As soon as his was in the net, I hooked up with a slightly nicer 26" redfish :-D . A little further out, we got into some more short trout, and then I got an 18" keeper. Seth followed a few minutes later with another 15" keeper. The bite died, so we paddled in to do another drift. I stayed in close, because I was getting tired, the wind was whipping, and I have a much smaller kayak that doesn't take the chop very well. Seth drifted on out farther and picked up 2 more keeper trout while I worked the shoreline for redfish, unsuccesfully. We left my house at 3:00 and were back home by 6:30 (I live 20 minutes from the beach). Not too bad for a quick afternoon trip in some extremely windy conditions.

It was actually one of the better kayaking trips I've had recently. With the wind blowing and all the rainwater bringing the surface temperature down a tad, it almost felt like Fall out there yesterday. I felt it again in the breeze this morning. Fall is coming, I can't wait.
Attachments
0829101631.jpg
0829101631.jpg (250.65 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
Not sure why my picture got downsized, something to do with my camera phone I guess.
Not sure why my picture got downsized, something to do with my camera phone I guess.
downsized_0829101629.jpg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
Talltails

Re: 8-29-10Ahhhh

Post by Talltails »

Nice red! Looks windy