10-11 "one knocker"

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

10-11 "one knocker"

Post by skitterwalk »

got out on the water taday after school at around 4:30 im guessing, due to the fact that wakulla beach was white caping and made the smart decision to relocate to a more wind covered area. Bakertize, his cousin and I all hit the water with verry little sucess for a few hours until the wind calmed down and the sun got down. then we started to pick up some nice looking fish.while searching i was throwing the gold ADL spoon for the first time and hooked up with a pig! well not the right fish...but a start lol

bakertize was whoopin up on me at first with this pig of a trout on his strike king jig.

he apparently knew about a secret oyster bar that had produced for him before and definetly payed off as you can tell. Although he couldnt' hide it from me for long :P I saw that he was fighting that monster to the boat and high tailed it over to check out all the commotion. from then on out we were thick into the reds! now i will brag on the one knocker a bit by saying. I was throwing the mirrowlure top dog just to give it a chance at some fish with my pink skitterwalk gone and all, and that thing didn't catch not one fish in a spot where there were reds every where! so I thought well the heck with that and quickly tied on a one knocker with new shure set hooks on em. not two casts later a red fish had inhaled my one knocker all the way down to the crushers! Man i though that mirrolure shure dose suck. :lol:

needless to say that one knocker is a great topwater and boy oh boy were all the reds on that thing. I had a red straighten out a 2x strong treble hook. and two other reds fall for it within 15 minutes

im lovin it. 8)
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: 10-11 "one knocker"

Post by Harmsway »

Good job, skitterwalk. . . I mean oneknocker. :thumbup:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

:thumbup: What's the grass like up there in Wakulla? I've tried throwing topwater the last couple of times I went (including yesterday), but there's still too much grass floating. It's hard to walk-the-dog with 5 pounds of grass hanging from your lure.
Nice fish
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

red_yakker wrote::thumbup: What's the grass like up there in Wakulla? I've tried throwing topwater the last couple of times I went (including yesterday), but there's still too much grass floating. It's hard to walk-the-dog with 5 pounds of grass hanging from your lure.
Nice fish
well if you get into the muddy rocky bottom. the grass disappears lol (thats what i was fishing)
CastTheFlats

Post by CastTheFlats »

Nice fishin Ben.