Quantum Cabo bait caster question

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

konrad

Quantum Cabo bait caster question

Post by konrad »

I purchased one recently and noticed when it is in free spool (casting) the level wind doesn’t go back and forth. It works when you reel but not when you cast. Do any of you have one? Just trying to figure out if mine is messed up or if that is the way it's suppose to be. I hope it is messed up because ithen it can be fixed. If that’s the way it’s supposed to be then in my mind it is a design flaw that I’m stuck with.
bman

Re: Quantum Cabo bait caster question

Post by bman »

Most of my bait casters are that way... If it moved on the cast it would really slow the spool down.
You would have to cast with enough force to crank the line guide back and forth.

What model is it?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

They're all that way.
Let that guide move and you'll have one heck of time casting past the front of the boat.

Buy Shimano, better reels.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

That allows for the triple cross effect on the line to prevent it from digging into the spool on retrieve.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
konrad

Post by konrad »

As far as bait casters go I have two Abu Garcia and two Shimano Calcutta and an old G Loomis that is used for bass fishing on a rare occasion. On all models the level wind moves back and forth when casting and each one will cast a hell of a long ways.

The reason for the original question was due to the backlash I kept experiencing the other day with the Cabo. It was my first time using it. On my other bait casters I have the anti backlash knob turned to its lowest setting without issues. My thought was if the leveler is on one side of the reel and the line is coming off the other side it might be causing the issues since the line tension would changes as it moves. Hopefully this makes since to you.

Yes I can adjust the backlash preventer but that really reduces the casting distance which I would like to avoid.

Its a Cabo CBC21PTS
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

konrad wrote:As far as bait casters go I have two Abu Garcia and two Shimano Calcutta and an old G Loomis that is used for bass fishing on a rare occasion. On all models the level wind moves back and forth when casting and each one will cast a hell of a long ways.

The reason for the original question was due to the backlash I kept experiencing the other day with the Cabo. It was my first time using it. On my other bait casters I have the anti backlash knob turned to its lowest setting without issues. My thought was if the leveler is on one side of the reel and the line is coming off the other side it might be causing the issues since the line tension would changes as it moves. Hopefully this makes since to you.

Yes I can adjust the backlash preventer but that really reduces the casting distance which I would like to avoid.

Its a Cabo CBC21PTS

Nope, it's just a professional over run.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"