mothership trip

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

mothership trip

Post by skitterwalk »

bakertize and I got togther on a mothership trip today after being pushed off the water due to weather last weekend. we hit St. Marks at O-dark-hundred with high hopes

but imediatly began to get worried when the pinfish wouldnt cooperate! we finally found them and sebiked up a few dosen pinfish and headed to spot number one. we both throw our kayaks in the water and boy was it frustrating. those two foot seas dont look much but when geting in and out of kayaks and into boats...its a whole new ball game.

despite neither of up catching fish at spot one. We head 5 more miles out to spot number two crashing our gear all the way there lol. we did catch all kinds of fish including rock bass and grunts but not the grouper or possibly cobes we were looking for.

the third time was a charm! my first drop BAM! grouper on, and on a 1/4th ounce jighead with a soft plastic on it! It measured 19 inches which is one inch away from the slot so in she went.

the bite pretty much turned off after that with only two more grouper after the big shark rob hooked up with.

beautyfull littl fish they are

over all awesome day and great expierence. despite all boat failures...
THANKS BAKERTIZE!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: mothership trip

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Grouper fishing from a kayak. :thumbup:
2 footers. :thumbdown:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I like your measuring device. Where did you get the tape? I need to make me one like that!

Thanks for a good story and the pictures.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

You're getting pretty hard to guard there, Skitterwalk. :smt037
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

SS-342 wrote:I like your measuring device. Where did you get the tape? I need to make me one like that!

Thanks for a good story and the pictures.
its a 321 fishing measuring board. you can get them for free at the FCKA kayakfishing classic (april 15th)or just order one http://www.321fish.com/pages/store. and a piece of plywood works for me!