11-28

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

11-28

Post by skitterwalk »

I got to the water around 6:45 along with Bakertize and start out with the stick shad along the shoreline. The trout were more active then I though, busting bait along with the reds. So i switch to a faster moving one knocker and immediately this log inhales it on the 3rd knock.

I keep moving down the shoreline but to no avail.The strong northerly winds push me along at a drifting rate to fast to fish so I hunker down on a rock pile and fish it out. I wing out my sebile, made a few twitches and turn around to untangle my freelined pinfish off my rudder and ZZZZZZ my $250 rod and reel almost fly off the YAK!! I picked up the rod and fight em in and what a nice red he is.

knowing there were fish holding there, Bakertize and I freeline pinfish out behind the rock pile and we both have sucess for the big trout. The action stoped so we role in with the tide following the trout up closer. the trout seem to have dissipated so rob goes in a creek mouth picking up a nice 16.5" flounder on a jig. And I ofcourse chase the reds with a topwater picking up a nice 28" on the way in while pedaling. great way to end the day!

TOTAL:Trout: around 10 over 20" and TONS of dinks
Redfish: 3 with the biggest 28" and rob with a nice
Flounder:rob picked up a nice 16.5
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: 11-28

Post by Harmsway »

Dog gone, skitterwalk. I'm glad you had another banner day. :thumbup: I'm sad that I sat home all day thinking it was gonna be too rough to fish (comfortably). :bang_1 Definitely goes to show that you won't know if you don't go. :smt017 Well done, as usual. :smt038
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: 11-28

Post by SS-342 »

I like it!

Good fisherman and takes great pictures.

Story telling ain't bad either!

Keep 'um coming!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP