Hard earned reds

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

Hard earned reds

Post by skitterwalk »

Hard earned indeed! I had the brilliant idea of runing down to the Wakulla river,borrowing a kayak and PADDLING all the way to...wait I cant say but well past the lower bridge lol all after I got off the bus. With a bit of doubt, I went through with it and was greeted with gail force winds when I arrived at the river :roll: I thought...I have to do what I have to do if I want to be the best 8) So I embarked on my journey with a stradic Ci4 and terramar combo(bring little equiptment on short outings) ready to find some reds! An hour later and I made it! Wasting no time, I chunk, retrive, and repeat. With nothing but PESKY ladyfish! I put down my rod and pick up my paddle and this is what I saw... 8O
YEA! So I make a dash for a near by dock to wait out the rain and it never came... after about 10 minutes I figure out that I have just wasted 10 minutes looking at a wall of fog! :lol: I cautiously enter the thick haze anchor up on a suspicious looking spot and 1st cast ZZZZZ got one on :D
the weight has just been lifted but no time to waste! I quickly get a pic and go back for more! Twitch twitch boom! ZZZZ another! I just went from zero to hero just like tht lol.
and ofcourse another...
I attempted a self shot...But is 100x easier with a 360 :wink:
this went on until dark with a dink or two mixed in ofcourse. I was kicking the guys butt fishing with live bait casting RIGHT next to my yak saying sorry a few times because he alost me :lol:
All fish were on Strike King paddle Tail with a Strike King 1/4 oz jig ranging from 18"-25" but were exceptionally strong from swiming in the current of the river for a while. Awesome afternoon! :mrgreen:
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Hard earned reds

Post by Redbelly »

Way to tuff it out! I have caught a few reds on that chartrusse head and white bait, they love it!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Git'er done, skitterwalk! :smt040
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Dog if you ain't getting better!

What a report!

Heck, I'd rather read your reports than go fishing!

Keep it up and keep 'um coming!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
DAVE

Post by DAVE »

Nice report skitterwalk .Not trying to find your spot, but how far have you caught or do the reds up the river ?
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

well on occasion they will go all the way up to the lower bridge(US 98) but few go past that tho. Most hang around the verry end of the river tho.

caught a few more today :smt007
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Wudaya take for that spinning reel, skitter?
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

what u mean wudaya take? lol