sharing the expirence

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

sharing the expirence

Post by skitterwalk »

I got to thinking yesterday that if I knew where the reds were...why not take one of my friends to the action! So I offered one of my friends (reid) to fish down on the Wakulla river to look for trout and reds. We got to the river around 3:30 and before we even put the yaks in the water, I landed a little red :D
I handed reid one of my rods rigged up with a strikeking jig and handed him a sebile. With some motivation we move down the bank bouncing jigs and right off the bat reid and I were tied up...red and red 8) For those who didnt notice the kayak he is in was mine. I sold it to him and this was his first outing :wink:
We keep moving down the bank with nothing...We take a turn up the St. Marks and immedietly see a mullet school workin the shore line so I switch to a stick shad and Bamo! I knew the trout would be lurking below the mullet. I get Reid on the school and caught some trout on top!
Definetly put a smile on his face. I tell him to anchor up and keep catchin em while I checked out the water ahead. As I sliped up on a rocky point I flung out my sebile and its SLAMED by a nice red. A few head shakes with some reel screamin action and he is off :evil: with nothin else I come back and Reid hasn't caught any more just the same luck as me(lost a red) so we make a run to the oyster bars near the mouth. Half way I notice the time (kinda late)so we turn around and I thought to myself...well we came all this way so I will make a few casts. Reid threw up on a grassy point and got slamed but missed her! So being the friend I am,I throw in right behind him and to my suprise she ate it! lol
We wraped it up and headed in. By the end of the trip I had him saying,"man I have to get me one of these sebiles they work like magic!"lol :wink: I got my first taste of guiding someone to fish, and had a blast doing it! my third day in a row on da river 8) life is good
yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Re: sharing the expirence

Post by yardman32317 »

Thanks for the post, good to see you sharing the experience!
Sua Sponte
RLTW
DAVE

Post by DAVE »

MAN ! guess i need to sell my boat and get a kayak. Ill be there in the morrining. thanks for the report. You going ?
mraquatics

Post by mraquatics »

Don't blame the boat Dave - otherwise I might have to sell my Gheenoe, lol. Start fishing daily in your boat and your bound to get on the fish.
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Good stuff Skitter! Keep it up man. You'll be guiding in no time. :thumbup: :thumbup:
DAVE

Post by DAVE »

i have been the last 6 Saturdays in a row, hit and miss,