1-23

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

1-23

Post by skitterwalk »

Well bakertize and I decided to go back and expected to do some serious sight fishing with the calmer winds and all. Ofcourse when we see the water...the wind is coming right out of the south!!! :evil: Oh well. It was geting late in the day and we had no other options so we launched. With the action the stick shad had the other day I thought it was a no brainer to begin throwing it again....so I thought. I was casting it in the exact same area I had caught 5 reds out of yesterday and nada! So I take action and switch gears. I picked up a white soft plastic on an 1/8 th oz. jig head, stood up ,and began the search for Mr. Red. I spot a fat red with wide shoulders, and pitch it to her. I see her slurp it up off the bottom and the fight was on. I made quick work of her and she had the privilage of taking a pic with me :lol: (26")
I keep poling the flats and make a pitch to where the reds were stacked up on a sandy beach. First cast and I get hung up...on a red! She was a perdy fish with a total of 7 real big spots and another nice red
The rest of the day rob and I tried and tried to get a red to eat. But the gin clear water made that nearly impossible! Rob picked up a nice 23" trout early and had a nice drag peelin red but spit the hook half way to the boat. Another FINE day on the water! hope to do it again soon :D