Mandalay

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

Mandalay

Post by skitterwalk »

Red dog, bakertize, and myself all headed to the water again today. Red dog is a long lost FCKA'er that hasn't got out in a while and hasn't posted for even longer but can shure catch a fish or two. So we all head out in out different our directions and look for some fish. Before I even get a cast out, Rob connects with a SWEET flounder stretching to a whoping 18.5 inches 8) and all I get a pesky little trout. Red dog headed on out while Bakertize and I stayed in close waiting for the tide to role in. After a while rob and I found a protected shoreline with a few sunning reds. Rob pitched in and found a 21" red. We move on down and he misses a red on the jig then pitches right back in with the sebile and gets her this time measureing 23". Following the shoreline I got into the reds pretty thick. First cast out on a point and I hook up with my first red of the day :D
I backed up off the school and returned 15 minutes later picking up five more reds with the biggest measuring 25"
in the mix I also picked out a 22" NO SPOTED RED! Points are what the reds were relating to so rob I set up on another and rob gets hammered by what he thought was a 30+ red and gets poped off because he hasnt retied in a week 8O yea...so I pitch in and thought the same one hit it but only ended up being 23...
Total:Skitt-7 reds 1 trout
red dog-2 reds 1 trout
Bakertize-2 reds 1 flounder (huge)
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: Mandalay

Post by Harmsway »

That's doin' it, skitt! :smt038
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

nice meeting you guys at the landing glad you caught some fish :thumbup:
flounderpounder
Site Sponsor

Post by flounderpounder »

Nice fish skit.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Good fishing Ben!
Team Jolly Mon
Tkmcknig

Post by Tkmcknig »

Very nice man!!!!! I haven't gone fishing in a couple months and my roommate and I are thinking about going on sunday. Last winter we didn't catch too much and we'd like to change that this winter lol. I'm def getting the itch to get back on the yak!! Do you mind if I ask where you put in at? Are you fishing at saint marks/wakulla river?? Any suggestions on where we should go on sunday? Once again, awesome report!!!!
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

That Ci4 sure does look purrty!

nice fish
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image