St. Marks Skunked

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mraquatics

St. Marks Skunked

Post by mraquatics »

Depressing as it is, I thought I would report. Put in at the fort Sunday morning and was the only one at the ramp/on the water for some time. Apparently not everyone was dumb enough to put out in 5 foot visability in that fog. Fished with the river down till it got wide around the S turn. Also hit just about every creek we could find on the way. Nothing. Figured the river creeks and holes were not doing it for us, so we headed over to Register Bayou and fished it almost clear through to the Wakulla Beach area. Nothing. Spent at least an hour a peice on topwater, jigs, spoons and live. Seems like they moved into more tidal areas with the warmth, or at least that is what Im telling myself. The few anglers I spoke with at the time had similar luck where I was at. The Ocklockonee River and Aucilla seemed on, not sure what happened to St. Marks. It really pains me when I cant find'em. At least there was some good weather to enjoy! Better luck next weekend. :-?
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks Skunked

Post by Salty Gator »

Sorry about the slow day. Most folks (including myself) won't report the bad days especially the skunks. Way to be!!!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Dont feel like the Lone Ranger. We were there sat and I only caught 1 8" trout. I too wish more people reported on bad days. I do.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

No appoligies needed mraquatics! Your keep'n it real. Next time when you have a killer day, we'll believe ya. Now a JT report :smt009 .... well that's another matter :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
mraquatics

Post by mraquatics »

Thanks for the good words. I too usually report the good days, but I figured a bad report might save someone else the trouble... Now I just have to wait on Karma.
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
Just Fish
Site Sponsor

Post by Just Fish »

The upper Ocklocknee died down too mraquatics. I did get a limit of reds but it was really tough fishing. The water temp was up 10 degrees from early last week when the fishing was on fire, I think this got the fish moving around they were definately not holed up like they were when the water was colder.