Alligator Point

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wareagle1973

Alligator Point

Post by wareagle1973 »

Any suggestions on what to fish for and which way works best for you from surf? Thanks in advance!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Alligator Point

Post by Salty Gator »

I don't fish he surf much( if at all), but I think the only fish in the surf on ap right now are whiting. I would try to fish the harbor if you can, especially if you can get to the oyster bars. I always come in by boat so I can't really tell you how to get back there without a boat, but I'm sure it can be done. Bald point is a really good wading spot and that's pretty close to the point. But if your set on the surf at ap, I think whiting are your best bet. Good luck. Ps when are you headed down? May be there myself this weekend.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
fishingfanatic

Post by fishingfanatic »

Salty Gator,
Do you mean the oyster bars near the back of the harbor?
bman

Post by bman »

Actually you can catch almost anything on the surf side of AGP.
Be prepared for a lot of cats but Whiting, trout, and reds will all be cruising as the water warms up.

Wading from Lenords landing off 98 or Sun and Sand landing at the back of the harbor should be good for reds.
Last summer we caught Reds, Flounder, whiting, Crokers and Trout off the docks on the bay side.

If you want to try to Reds, black drum or sheepies from shore try bald point.

Shrimp on the bottom is the easiest but throw a jig or on a really warm afternoon break out the topwater.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

FF, yes the bars in the back of the harbor. But as bman said bald point is good wading spot if you can't get to the back.
fishingfanatic

Post by fishingfanatic »

any idea of when bald pointe will be good for fishing?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Whenever there is good moving water. This weekend looks pretty but the tides don't look great. They may be out there go get em
fishingfanatic

Post by fishingfanatic »

hmm maybe i will. the water isnt too cold?
Hotpins300

Post by Hotpins300 »

I went to alligator point last weekend and there was nothing off the point or in the flat besides a few dolphin cruisin by and a stingray. We moved in, to the oyster bars and got 1 trout. It sure was purty but not much luck. So i'm guessin the waters gotta be a little warmer.
fishingfanatic

Post by fishingfanatic »

what were you using? im thinkin about throwing out some fiddlers or other crabs to see if there are any black drum or sheepshead out there off the point over the oyster beds on the incoming tide friday afternoon. does anybody have any input on this? is it too cold? is this the right place to fish for these guys? are there any other places? or any other species biting now? it feels like its been forever since ive been fishing i just wanna go out and catch something (anything but a cat fish)