StretchQuestion

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wxguy

Post by wxguy »

I'm on another boat for Saturday for Grouper...I've been dragging stretch lures with limited results in the past...have noticed that it seems some days they want a certain color etc., anyone have an idea of the colors/sizes they are chewing on lately? Cousin over in Pensacola drags the green tiger striped and red-head stretch25+....also saw Walmart is now carrying a holograph style.

P.S.
Wx is looking tolerable for Saturday with the Computer model I saw calling for NNW-NE winds at AQQ of 5-10kt
wxguy

Post by wxguy »

Well, still waiting on some input about the stretch Q's but got an update on the Wx for anyone interested...puter saying good things with winds from 350 @03kts at 7am then up to 7kt from 340 by 4pm....see ya!
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Wednesday they wanted black and silver in the loud version. We'll see what they want tomorrow. Where are you getting your weather information?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

They wanted the chart/orange loud 25's for us on Sat. I almost always pull chart, orange, pink, or firetiger.

Where are you getting your weather info?
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Tom, are you going tomorrow?

WXGuy, where are you getting your weather info?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

We are going. If the wind is blowing we are trouting. If not we are groupering. There is a fine line for a 17 foot boat.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wxguy

Post by wxguy »

I look at the numerical computer model output for aqq and tlh...it is readily available on the net at several different sites..i.e. at the FSU Meteorology Dept. site.....I went out to eye of Mexico on Saturday and the model did a good job with the forecast out to around 2:30 when we ran in...the wind direction was on but the speed surpased the 7kt up to around 10kt I would estimate.....morning up to early afternoon was quite pleasant though! Thanks for the Stretch tips....I have anoother Q? after my latest trip though! Will post that seperately.