Videos on stuffed flounder

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Videos on stuffed flounder

Post by lordsfisher »

Youtube.com has a wealth of fishing clips (including our own Silverking viewing Tiger sharks on the flats)

Filet or butterfly using a technique like this starting from middle and working outside (letting fish sit for 2 days on ice first sounds questionable):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0rOoAkp ... re=related

Stuff the whole fish like this for baking (mute music!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxLHYtYG ... re=related

Or make crab stuffing and grill filets like this. Silverking referenced crab meat in the Publix freezer section. (start video at 1:30 if you've seen hurricane damage before)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2VUMvdj ... ature=fvwp

Bon appetite. Back to work :(
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Videos on stuffed flounder

Post by SHOWBOAT »

I've posted these before, but it was really similiar to my dinner last night. That Flounder won me $50 from Kevin's and a great meal :D

LF-you should come to some NFGFC meetings or tourneys; we'll increase the learning curve on catching fish and cookin' em too :wink:

In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

SB YOU SHOULDN'T POST PICS LIKE THAT WHILE OTHERS ARE AT WORK AND MISSED LUNCH TODAY :-D LOOKS GOOD :thumbup: :thumbup:
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

BTW, what was your choice of wine ? :lick:
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Katie and Brian probably followed my suggestion with a nice California or Washington chardonnay.

Or maybe a Pinot Grigio.

Either way, it all looks scrumptious.
Last edited by silverking on April 12th, 2011, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Filet or butterfly using a technique like this starting from middle and working outside (letting fish sit for 2 days on ice first sounds questionable):

I fished with Dave Pfeiffer, president of Shimano, a few years ago and when we boated a fish, Dave would immediately put it in a seawater/ice slurry in the cooler. He learned it from a seafood dealer in California, who said that firms up the flesh, brings out the flavor and makes it easier to filet. That all sounds good, but when I want fresh fish I usually can't wait that long.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

That particular dinner was accompanined by a Sauv Blanc per the recomendation of the guys at Market Square. Looks like a St. Clair '07 from the bottle; I remember it as very good. There was also a fresh ocra salad you can see in the background.

Last night was Pinot Grigio Katie got as part of a WSJ wine subscription. It's amazing I don't weigh a few hundred pounds by now....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Brian you shouldn't be so tense at the dinner table.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

SilverK, great tip on the saltwater and ice. Smart... like putting salt on the ice for quickly chilling down homemade ice cream. I'm thinking the salt will depress the freezing point of water so that the temperature of the fish can be brought down rapidly for better preservation. It's bound to beat what i did last time... threw them in a garbage bag with no ice until I got back to the dock. :lol:
SHOWBOAT wrote:LF-you should come to some NFGFC meetings
SB, thanks for the invite. I will watch for the next meeting date. I'll be expecting the table to be set like that. :D That flounder couldn't look better, especially as I go to eat my rabbit food for dinner and workout. I was telling my daughter how it would be good not to bring unnecessary cargo to keep the weight down on the boat. She lovingly said, "Dad, if you lost some weight, that would help too." Ouch!
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Thanks SB, I'll be sure to check the county line bar for those wines :smt005 JT is right you need to chug more wine before pics, I don't look that tense when around needles !! :o
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

That looks delicious!!!!
The Back Porch
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Brian you shouldn't be so tense at the dinner table.
Born that way. It is the way I work, fish and apparently eat; think I got it from my mother :D
Dentist keeps telling me I'm grinding my teeth away in my sleep.

LF-5/5 7pm at the Beef OBrady's on Thomasville road

GC said I need to drink more :smt005