Malibu Stealth 14

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Malibu Stealth 14

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I picked up my new Stone Stealth 14 last week. What an awesome yak! From the moment I laid eyes on this kayak, I knew it was designed by fisherman. The storage is great. I loaded it up with my gear Friday night and I can already tell, I need to buy more gear! Until now, I always felt like my gear was crammed into my kayaks but not anymore. I fished out of it twice this weekend and what a pleasure it was. Saturday evening I took my three year old son with me and for the first time, he didn't hit me in the face with his rod. He loved Gator Hatch seat and he looked very comfortable with plenty of legroom. We caught a few bass and bream and he wanted to put the bream in the livewell that is built into the Stealth 14. I filled it up and didn't even notice the added weight. It also has a quick screw off cap if you are fishing with live bait and don't want to open the hatch lid. One thing that has always appealed to me about kayaks is the simplicity. I have an old school milk crate strapped on the back with 2 extra rod holders and I put my tackle bag in it. I have an anchor trolly installed for when I am fishing in the current. I installed a fishfinder/GPS on my Mini-X but I don't think I will put one on the Stealth. It all goes back to that simple fishing. I can see everything I need to see with a pair of polarized sunglassed. I also went to the Flint River and gave it a test run in the shoals................WOW! The stability is unreal. I paddled to a small eddy pool and stood up on my yak to watch the water under the shoals where the bass stack up. I didn't feel a bit shaky standing up and I am 6'1" 225 lbs. I paddled about 2 miles on flat water and didn't even think about the fact that I haven't installed a rudder. The yak tracks straight and paddles with ease. I am looking forward to spending some time on this kayak.
k1.jpg
k1.jpg (719.06 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
k2.jpg
k2.jpg (717.77 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
k3.jpg
k3.jpg (684.49 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
gator hatch.jpg
gator hatch.jpg (5.79 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
livewell.jpg
livewell.jpg (6.37 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
Team Jolly Mon
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Re: Malibu Stealth 14

Post by red_yakker »

Looks very nice. :thumbup: My buddy has a Malibu X Factor that I really like, but the Stealth looks like I might like it even more. If you don't mind me asking, about how much did it run you? Don't they also make it in a 12 foot version?
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

MSRP is $1299 for the Stealth 14, the best price is from Austin Kayak http://www.austinkayak.com/products/333 ... Kayak.html

You are right, they also make a 12 foot version. :thumbup:
Team Jolly Mon
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

You guys are going to keep on til I have to have one ! :D
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Gulf Coast wrote:You guys are going to keep on til I have to have one ! :D
Hey Chris, I don't think they make a yak that will hold you and all your young'uns at one time!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

DEMON wrote:
Gulf Coast wrote:You guys are going to keep on til I have to have one ! :D
Hey Chris, I don't think they make a yak that will hold you and all your young'uns at one time!
I don't know, the stealth has a 550lb capacity. Call me Chris, we will test it out. :-)
Team Jolly Mon
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

That's the idea "Peace and quite" time :thumbup: