If only...

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

If only...

Post by skitterwalk »

If only I had landed this slam tourney day...

Fished at first light with ole reliable(one knocker) hoping to land 2/3 of my slam with just about instant gradification landing this toad before the sun even said hey.
I am almost positive I set a personal record of most biggest trout lost in 30 minutes! :x So once she hit the board...the reds were in my crosshairs. Sliped in on my secret ledge that I thought some reds were on. The ever farmiliar sight of my innocent mullet disappearing in a commode flush on the slick surface occurs on the first toss...lucky I am :mrgreen:
Didn't get a glory shot because my 360 fell out the truck and shattered. This pic should suffice 8) Rob paddles over with that quiet humble look on his face and I know he has also found some fish. "So Rob, how did ya do?" Well you know 24" red, 26" trout 8O say what! I think you got that mixed up im thinking but uppon further covo. He had actually landed a 26" trout if not better. We part ways again and get to fishin. Then I switch gears to the flounder. Now quite truthfully I have landed verry few flounder in my day due to my topwater addiction but managed to dedicate my time to the jig. I scaned the shoreline for something irregular and pitched my jig right in a darkish looking spot. A few bounces and I begin to reel in when I see a flatie following it from her ambush point. I stoped the jig cold in its tracks and "slurp" she fell for it. It was an intense 15 seconds to say the least. Verry unique looking fish.
Ended up pulling up ALOT of reds with a 28" being the biggest including 27",26",25",24.5" and more while in search of flounder. Not a bad bycatch if you ask me :D
The challenge to land a slam opposed new struggles to me and had fun dooing so. 64" slam 8)
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: If only...

Post by Harmsway »

Too bad you didn't win the 1st Place Slam, but 1st place in Youth Division ain't bad. :smt038
BenColana1stPlaceYouth20110316FCKA.jpg
BenColana1stPlaceYouth20110316FCKA.jpg (79.86 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.