Econfina 17-18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

newboy

Econfina 17-18

Post by newboy »

Went down saturday and sunday in hopes of catching fish. Somebody help me I think I forgot how to catchem'. Two day on water yielded two trout (one short), two spanish, one sea bass, one toad fish, one pin fish. I tried from the mouth of river to rock island to past bird rack. I'm not complaining because just not being at work was worth it! Any pointers on what I did wrong?

Newboy
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 17-18

Post by Reel Cowboy »

what were you fishing?
how deep?
water temp?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Call Warrior Inshore Charters, he is listed on this site and fishies down that way. There is your pointer. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
rammerjammer
Site Sponsor

Post by rammerjammer »

call Bry Martin http://www.bullredcharters.com/ he lives in Econfina :smt006 :D
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

YA DID NOTHING WRONG, THE FISH ARE NOT HERE, IF THEY WERE WE WOULD HAVE CAUGHT THEM LAST MON.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

This time of the year can be real hit-n-miss fishing. Water temps are up and down. Bait is questionable. Catching fish can be as subtle as finding water that is a couple of degrees warmer than surrounding water. All you can do is throw everything at em and fish from the grass line out to 8'. If you do all of that then you've done all you can do. Some days they just don't bite where you are at.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

rammerjammer wrote:call Bry Martin http://www.bullredcharters.com/ he lives in Econfina :smt006 :D
But he's not a site or club sponsor. Capt. Mock is and a dang fine guide that uses only the best tackle to catch those hawgs.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

You could try fishing deeper. I fished Wed. at Keaton and didn't get a bite til I got into 6 1/2-7 ft. water. Still had to work for the 4 I brought home. Keep werk'in at it. :wink:
Yours in the South