Real Magic/electric razor

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Real Magic/electric razor

Post by SS-342 »

I use Real Magic on my rods and reels. Spray them down with fresh water ever time we come back from fishing, leave them on the box wood to dry over night and spray down the next day after the sun has dried everything. It leaves a smooth, silky finish and helps with braid line.

If anyone is having problems with their electric razor try the following. After shaving, wash with hot water. Let dry over night. The next day spray each head inside and out with Reel Magic and let dry for the smooth shave you'll get that evening. Razor runs quieter and seems to cut better. May even extend the life of the razor?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Re: Real Magic/electric razor

Post by jadams92002 »

I bought some the other day and I have to say I have been impressed so far.
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

just where at your house are the boxwood you leave your rods and reels over night :D
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Thanks for the tip about Real Magic. I had accidentally dunked one of my Stradics last trip & it started binding up. A week or so after getting home, I disassembled the unfortunate Stradic and sprayed it down with a reel cleaner then sprayed it with Real Magic after drying. It is as smooth as new now. Thanks again.
Tight lines

Bullet
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

watch out spraying that real magic on the regular stradic handles it will eat them up and the handles are about 20$ shimano will tell you not to spray that on them.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

FOR SALE-----------Boxwoods $9.99 each.
Takes 6 to hold a rod.
Call JT51 @ 850-JT51box
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
MIKE REELMAN
Site Sponsor

Post by MIKE REELMAN »

I NEED SOME BOX WOODS FOR A LOAD CLOSE HOW MANY BOXWOOD WOOD NEEDED.REAL MAGIC WORK ON CHAIN SAW CHAIN/BAR
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Be careful when applying "Reel Magic" to Shimano spinning reels. It will attack the rubber knobs on the handles as well as the friction ring between the frame and rotor. I have been repairing quite a few reels that have this problem. My rep at Shimano advises me that many lubes as well as sun screens are causing this problem. Shimano is working on a different material for their knobs but are not offering replacements at this time.
MIKE REELMAN
Site Sponsor

Post by MIKE REELMAN »

shimano knows they have a problem with the frition ring i have the new type in stock to replace . your right on the handle it make them soft.be careful spray on all new reel the finish. the gold plates are the worst.