Cholesterol

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Cholesterol

Post by wevans »

The doc wants me to start taking Crestor, I don't like the side affects of ANY of the prescription meds for Cholesterol :thumbdown: Have any of y'all tried the all natral stuff like Heart Savior, LipidShield or Cholesterclear :smt102 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
ferris1248
Site Sponsor

Re: Cholesterol

Post by ferris1248 »

Been taking Crestor for a couple years now. No significant side effects.

Did a number on my readings and dropped my triglycerides also.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I worry about the liver, I do enuff damage to it with my drinkin :hammer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
beer thirty

Post by beer thirty »

may cause dizzieness, headaches, intestinal bleeding, impotence, liver damage, and heart failure in rare cases.
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

I think that if you took much notice of all the warnings given with medicines, you would prefer to stick with your original ailment. :wink:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

EXACTLY Cran :o I take as few meds as I can and still function "Ibeprophen has been my best friend of late though" :smt012 :beer:
ferris1248
Site Sponsor

Post by ferris1248 »

Cranfield wrote:I think that if you took much notice of all the warnings given with medicines, you would prefer to stick with your original ailment. :wink:
That's true. I watch my diet, moderation is the key. They check my liver and kidneys on a regular basis. So far so good.
fly n fish

Post by fly n fish »

I tried the heart attack. Trust me, that ain't good for you either. Think about DEATH when you consider your alternatives to medications that may help you live longer and catch more fish. Just sayin'...
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The wife worries about death, I worry more about Life :-D while I DO want ta live for a good bit longer :thumbup: I also want to enjoy my time on this earth and not make myself misrable, just to live a few extra years :smt009 But I will make some changes, just to keep from being a selfish SOB and try ta live a bit longer for my familly :smt004 :beer:
wishfishin

Post by wishfishin »

Boil your fish instead of frying it. :jester_1
You should see the other guy...
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

We put the Redfish and Cobia on the Foreman last night, it tasted pretty darned good too :thumbup: :beer:
wishfishin

Post by wishfishin »

A little of the correct seasoning and it's hard to beat grilled fish.
You should see the other guy...
blue22

Post by blue22 »

I've taken crestor for a couple years now. It helps with cholesterol, but hurts my liver, which sucks I like more beers than i should drink alot of the time
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

What about the mucsle loss? I heard it has more likely than the liver problems!
ferris1248
Site Sponsor

Post by ferris1248 »

I've not had any problem with muscle loss that I know of.