New Kayak

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelbad

New Kayak

Post by reelbad »

Just bought a new Hobie Mirage Outback Kayak. I have been looking for awhile and this one came up for sale on the craigslist this morning. It is real nice with the peddle drive and comfy high back seat. Will is going to go and try it out in the morning to see how it fishes, (if we don't get rain). I will post the results of the test run when he gets back. The guy bought it new in 2008, brought it home and it never left the house.
Fishbaitbilly

Re: New Kayak

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

That Outback is one of the best kayaks out there. Good luck with the test run. Check out the FCKA site if you haven't already. Lots of good material for rigging, launches, etc.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Well, the kayak hit the water this morning at the SM lighthouse and did real good as far as handling and manuvering. Will caught several short trout but did manage two keepers for the grill. Various other fish, cats, sharks etc. He said when the wind got up that the peddle drive was a life saver as apposed to the paddle. All in all we both have a lot to learn about the handling and fishing methods for the Kayak, but I am sure we will enjoy using it while learning. Looking forward to getting out on it in the next couple days.
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

:thumbup:
RayMalloy

Post by RayMalloy »

Welcome to the simple life. Pick up a camera, it helps with the threads.
At the SM Lighthouse, Please leave that second parking spot from the fence open for me on Sat mornings. Thanks in advance. :D
Big Irish
"Fish don't care how much you paid for your tackle."
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Sounds like you need some 'yaking fishing rods.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Already got to much invested in the yak Matthew, I will have to get by with whats on hand for now ( unless you want me to become your pro staff angler and sponser me). Let's see what deal we can come up with. :-D