Fishing Report of 02-06-02 Courtesy of Capt. Randy Craft

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Spear Bender

Post by Spear Bender »

BBBF:
yes we have looked at the Island Hopper. But we decided it is just too small for what we want. Actually the owners of Island Hopper created the Seahawk and originated it from the Island Hopper 30'. The Seahawk just has soo much more to offer.
BigbaitBigfish

Post by BigbaitBigfish »

Thought they looked pretty similar......wow! if that's too SMALL, y'all must really be movin up :grin:
captain K
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by captain K »

Let me clarify the Island Hopper Vs Seahawk.. The hopper has raised motor boxes, the hawk does not, They run @ the same speed with the same size power.. The main difference is the hawk's beam, better hull design for smoother ride, reduced shaft angle, sleeping accomodations you can actually sleep in.. plus inclosed stand-up head, double (over/under) bunks did I mention the deck space, Tom siad it was like his 1st apartment but that was just the back deck, the boat has approximately 225 Sq. of usable space, then you still have the forward cabin to work with.. Jere, there are VERY pricey but, worth it! Mine should be on order shortly!! Capt. Randy Craft has allowed me many visits onto DEBO TOO,so I could save the trip down to sebring. He is a very helpful and pleasant Capt. He was even pleasant when he had his wing repaired (his shoulder). These boats are not for everyone though. They are more for the commercial guys (little glitz & glamour), but that is just what I want, so I can set the boat up for my needs, If you need cushy thrills look elsewhere! If you want a boat that will take you there & back & back & back & back, this is the ride.. The only thing different I will have that is different from capt. Randy is. I'll have a Cat 3126B TA were he has the Cummings.. Both excellent motors same HP just different brands.. Team Surface Interval OUT!