Missing Angler

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Missing Angler

Post by silverking »

Just talked to my mom and a member of her Thomasville Road Baptist Church, David Clark, is overdue and missing after a trip yesterday out of St. Marks. The Coast Guard and FWC apparently searched for him last night through this morning.

Don't know any more details right now (whether he was alone, boat, etc.), but if I do I'll pass them along.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Missing Angler

Post by silverking »

Just pulled this off the Tally Democrat site:

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission is searching for a man who went missing Monday evening after fishing outing off the coast of Wakulla County.

The boater was reported missing about 6 p.m. Monday after he left from the St. Marks Lighthouse, said Keith Blackmar, spokesman for the Wakulla County Sheriff's Office. His boat was recovered on the east flats, but he was not in it, Blackmar said.

The U.S. Coast Guard and FWC are conducting searches for the man. WCSO has its Marine Unit and a diver on standby if needed.
yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Post by yardman32317 »

This is not good.
I hate to think of what the outcome might be.
Just hope he's okay and found soon!
Sua Sponte
RLTW
RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

i want to be optimistic

you can walk to shore over much of the east flats

hopefully he just spent an uncomfortable and buggy night in the St Marks National Wildlife Refuge
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Latest update on the Democrat site. Clark was in an 18-foot flats boat. There are reportedly four FWC and one CG craft involved in the on-going search.

12:22 p.m.
The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission has released the name of a man who went missing Monday off the coast of Wakulla County.

David Richard Clark, 61, reportedly left Monday morning to go fishing and scalloping in Apalachee Bay. According to FWC spokesman Stan Kirkland, Clark is an experienced boater. He was expected back on shore around 1 p.m. and a friend reported him missing at 6:30 p.m. A search was launched at 7:30 p.m.

Clark's boat was found at 11:30 p.m. Monday floating where the Aucilla River flows into the bay. The keys were in the boat and were turned on, but the motor wasn't running. According to Kirkland, the throttle was engaged but the boat wasn't moving.

Officers conducting the search downloaded the information from the boat's GPS unit, which seemed to indicate the boat had made several erratic turns. Kirkland said Clark was not known to have health issues that may have interfered with his ability to operate the boat.

The search continues in Apalachee Bay.
Fighting Conch
Site Sponsor

Post by Fighting Conch »

This is very upsetting. Let's hope the boater is trying to walk the marsh line, he had a full moon last night but the +3 high tides not a help.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

lets us all hope he trying to walk out and they find him alive soon
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

Thanks SilverKing, the Bible teaches there is power in prayer, so any that believe please remember to pray for this brother, his wife and family. This could be most any of us.
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
bman

Post by bman »

That's bad news... Dad and I were fishing this am and saw a coastguard plane fly over. Must have been looking for him.
Prayers :smt059
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

According to WCTV, FWC recovered the body.

Thoughts and prayers. :smt059

Bailey :beer:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Too bad.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
TheWhaler15

Post by TheWhaler15 »

Very sad. I can only assume he hit an underwater rock at plane speed and was knocked unconscious. A scary thought considering it could very well be anyone else boating out there.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
grasscarp

Post by grasscarp »

This is very sad. Let it be a reminder for all of us to wear a kill switch. I was told to do just that this weekend and did it once and never hooked it up agian all weekend. You never know what might happen.
bman

Post by bman »

I got in the habit of wearing the kill switch cable last year...
But be sure to test it every now and then- I tried it on my GoDevil and it was NOT working!!

This story me want to start wearing one of those auto-inflate life-preservers.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

This story me want to start wearing one of those auto-inflate life-preservers.[/quote]

I bought one of those last week. A mustang. Stearns also makes them and Bass Pro has their own brand.
And I try to remember to always connect my kill switch. I'm a little too old to swim very far !