SM River Report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

SM River Report

Post by silverking »

Quick update on the latest conditions on the St. Marks River.

Had an eco-tour yesterday afternoon and we ran to the Lighthouse and up the East River to check out the birds (there are a ton, including lots of ducks). Water temperature in East River was a chilly 52 degrees.

Back up the St. Marks River all the way to the Newport bridge. When I fished there on New Year's Eve I found pockets of water nudging 67 degrees. Yesterday the warmest water I found was 58. JT's power plant trout were all wearing down jackets. :lol:

The couple boats we encountered had caught a few, but it certainly wasn't on fire in more ways than one. Bite should be good this weekend though, with the warming trend and full moon tides.
kikstand454

Re: SM River Report

Post by kikstand454 »

Thank you!

That was the exact report I needed for my plans this weekend.
:thumbup:
Hotpins300

Post by Hotpins300 »

Thanks for the report. Me and my roommate are heading to St Marks tmrw to try and find some trout.
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

It was tough on the river the past week. I spent four days out there and only managed a couple keepers. I can't find the reds at all... Well except for the one 29 incher my buddy caught up river. I'm thinking of checking the river from the fort to the lighthouse instead of from lighthouse up to the bridge...
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Thanks for the report.
"Plan for the worst."