Recent water temp on flats?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Recent water temp on flats?

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Anyone been out that remembers what the temp was? :-D
rockyg

Re: Recent water temp on flats?

Post by rockyg »

Went to St. Marks on Monday. Caught one short trout that was cold, I mean, COLD to the touch. Can't give you an actual temp reading but it had to be in the low 60's. No bait or other activity on the flats. Water is still pretty cold.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
stonewall

Post by stonewall »

I went to Econfina on 3/2 and the water temp was 62-63 before that last cold front came through. Caught a few 15-16" trout in 3-4' of water but nothing to really brag about. I let them all go back home to grow a little more. Had a trolling motor issue so I didn't get any fishing for the reds in that day. Even with the issue, it was still a great first day back after our "winter" on the water. I can't wait to get back down there.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

put in at the lighthouse Tuesday afternoon (3/6) around 2:30 to test out my trolling motor. It was 64 in the lighthouse canal but all I saw on the flats (East) was 62-63 degrees. Mosey'd into Stony Bayou on a decreasing tide and then back out. Stayed in 2.5-3ft. Wife caught a keeper trout and a nice spanish. I caught one keeper trout. We tossed back 3 or 4 shorts. left the water around 5:30.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Warmest water I found yesterday at Carrabelle was 68 degrees. Didn't have a lot of time and stayed East of the river mouth about half way to the Lanark Ramp. Found reds along the shoreline and trout out on the sandbars. Trout were keepers, but small - reds were good sized.

I had some land surveying to do over at the marine lab and didn't fish until afternoon.

I am thinking the NFGFC tournament is going to produce some great catches down in Keaton as long as this warm weather holds out.

- Steve Stinson
President
NFGFC
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D A friend saw 67 degrees at Keaton today. :-D
Seachaser

Post by Seachaser »

64 yesterday morning to 68.9 yesterday afternoon on the flats.