My Sinsere Appreciation

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

My Sinsere Appreciation

Post by CSMarine »

I have been a member of BBF for a little over ten years now. During that time I have met and made friends with some of the finest friends and fishing partners that I could ever ask for. It always amazes me how there could be such a large collection of fine people gathered together from such different backgrounds. When my brother passed away two years ago, I received more condolences from friends here than I did from any other place. I've seen many, many cases of kindness and generosity between members here over the years.
My reason for all this mushy sentimentality? A few months ago I placed an add in the BBF wanted section for a riding lawn mower. I have a two acre lawn in Sylvester, Georgia, and a one acre lawn at Keaton Beach. For the last two years I've been using a push mower and a weedeater to cut them. I've pieced together a couple old riding mowers that lasted about long enough to cut half an acre before they broke down. Now mind you that I'm not poor mouthing ya'll, but being retired from the Marine Corps has it's benefits, but a large pay check ain't one of them. Every dollar is accounted for (except fishing tackle, that has an unlimited budget.) In addition, my wife and I have a few health issues that make pushing a lawn mower over three acres a little difficult to say the least.
Well my friends, providence fell on us yesterday. I received a PM from longtime member of BBF Ron Wilson. He asked if I was still needing a lawn mower. He further stated that he had one he'd make me a "Great" deal on. I asked how much did he want for it. His answer was "Free to you Marine." The other good news was that he had it stored over at Keaton Beach just three miles from my house. My wife and I went over to pick it up yesterday afternoon, expecting to see old project mower at best. Was I ever wrong, it was a John Deere L110 in very good shape. Needing only a battery charge. A mower that Ron could have easily sold for five or six hundred dollars. Instead he decided to help a fellow fisherman and friend by giving it away. It may sound a little wierd to some of you, but that mower has been a god send for my wife and I. My yard in Georgia was knee deep already, and the one at Keaton almost as bad. We tried but just couldn't handle the push mower.
I will forever be indebted to you Ron. I hope that one day I, or someone else will show you the same consideration. May you be blessed for you kindness brother.

salute2
john deere.jpg
john deere.jpg (77.06 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
Last edited by CSMarine on March 24th, 2012, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: My Sinsere Appreciation

Post by tallykenj »

It's great to see prayers and community support is still alive and well. Congrats, CSMarine. And, great job Ron. Now let's get fish'n.
The Back Porch
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

salute2
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Awesome !
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Congratulations on your new to you "working" mower.
Ron has always been an upstanding guy.

Words of advice on the JD.
Keep the air filter clean after every use.
Change the oil regularly.
Find and grease all fittings.
Install grease fittings in the mower deck towers if they are not factory installed.
Wash dust and grease off engine after it cools down.
Use non-ethanol gas.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Ron Wilson is a class act for sure! I am not surprised at this knowing his character. BBF is a group of true gentlemen and I am also proud to be friends with you guys. Last month when my dad died, I was overwhelmed at how many people from here reached out to me. A special thanks to Bman for keeping everything running smooth.

If you need to get some practice with that new mower, I have a couple of acres in Worth County you can cut. ;-)
Team Jolly Mon
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Wow!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

To Mr. Wilson :thumbup: :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I've said it many times, you just can't find a better group of people than we have here on BBF :thumbup: and the proof of that shines out any time you visit a different site!!

Beer yourself Ron :beer: and I can't think of a more deserving person than CSM :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Makes a body feel might fine! Tip my hat to CSMarine and Mr. Wilson.

Thanks for the good report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

wevans wrote:I've said it many times, you just can't find a cheaper group of people,

Beer yourself Ron :beer: and I can't think of a more deserving person than CSM :beer: :beer:
:smt005 :smt005 Buy the man a beer Wevans. :-D
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I will, when I see him next "unless he wants some of my Rum & Gatorade" :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

"Good Stuff " for sure. CSM, thanks for sharing your good fortune and RW's good dead. It'll come around full circle.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

wevans wrote:I will, when I see him next "unless he wants some of my Rum & Gatorade" :smt004 :beer:
Rum and Gatoraid? What is wrong with you? Ha!
Team Jolly Mon
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY CSMARINE, I HAVE A USED DECK YA CAN HAVE IF YOU EVER NEED ONE. JUST MAINTAIN THAT JD AND IT WILL LAST FOREVER.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO