How LOW can ya go??

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

How LOW can ya go??

Post by flatsbroke »

Really wanted to fish Lanark on Sunday the 15th but after Saturday's RTSO,you guys will have caught every d@#N thing over that way(yeah that means you,JT).Soooo I'm gonna take the lil Wahoo to Ecky on Sunday morn.Looking at a 0.55 low @ 5am and a 2.5 high @ 1140am. Decent water movement in that 6 hrs,gonna launch around 8am.Can someone calculate enough to tell me whether i should have enough H20 at 0745/0800 hrs to launch?Whats the minimum i should put in with a 16 ft Wahoo(boston whaler type hull)??
Thanks,Todd Braswell
P.S. Good luck Sat,boys..
Flatsbroke
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: How LOW can ya go??

Post by ugadawg »

You should be fine at 7:45. If the winds are blowing out it might be a little low, but now they are out of the east so you should be fine. Just make sure that you stay on plane at the river mouth so you dont get stuck in the mud on the way out. Youre gonna get blown around on Sunday if the forecast holds. Hope you dont mind it a little rough.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

if running a short shaft motor you should be fine. If long, you should still be fine but I'd be more concious
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

concious must be a legal term I am unfamiliar with. Other than that....stay off my fishing holes.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Jumptrout51 wrote:concious must be a legal term I am unfamiliar with. Other than that....stay off my fishing holes.
There are a lot of terms you aren't familiar with, catching and winning are 2 more of them....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

He may be in luck Sat,Showman.Appears he has one helluva partner got that one!
Flatsbroke
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

*for that one. Dang POS IPhone.
Flatsbroke