PA ALMOST KICKED THE BUCKET

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

PA ALMOST KICKED THE BUCKET

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WELL FELLAS I HAD A CLOSE CALL THIS LAST MONDAY MORNIN ABOUT 1:30 A.M.. WAS TRYING TO GET TO SLEEP AND KEPT HAVING PAIN IN MY LEFT CHEST, ALL OF A SUDDEN FELT LIKE A SLEDGE HAMMER HIT ME FULL BLAST. BABE PULLED THE CAR AROUND TO THE DECK FROM THE GARAGE DOWNSTAIRS, SHE HELPED ME GET IN AND AWAY WENT, IT IS ONLY 4 MILES FROMT THE SOUTH FORTY TO THE GRADY GENERALL HOSPITAL. THEY GAVE ME ALL KINDS OF TEST AND DECIDED ABOUT 3 A.M I NEEDED TO GO TO THOMASVILLE TO ARCHBOLD HOSPITAL SINCE THEY HAD A MUCH BETTER STAFF OF DOCTORS TO HANDLE CARDIAC PATIENTS. THEY RUSHED ME INTO THE OPERATION ROOM AND STARTED TO WORK ON ME. THEY USE LOCAL ANTISETHICS AND I WAS AWAKE THE ENTIRE OPERATION. DR. K ,. PUT A TUBE IN ME AT THE GROIN AND RAN IT AROUND TO THE LOWER LOBE OF MY HAEART, SLIPPED IN TWO STENTS AND SEWED ME UP. HAVE NOT HAD A MINUTES PROBLEM SINCE THE OPERATION BUT WILL HAVE TO CHANGE A FEW THINGS I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST 80 YEARS. I GOT EXCELLENT CARE WHILE I WAS AT ARCHBOLD. CAME HOME THIS AFTERNOON AND FEEL PRETTY GOOD. WALKED AROUND THE YARD AND OUT TO THE GARDEN ALL LOOKED IN GOOD CONDITION. MY BABY DAUGHTER CAME OVER FROM MACCLENNY AND HAS STAYED WITH ME AND BABE SINCE THURS. MARY WILL HAVE TO LEAVE TOMORROW SO SHE CAN BE BACK AT HER OFFICE FOR MONDAY PATIENTS. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE CALLED AND PRAYED FOR ME IN MY TIME OF NEED.
DR. K. AND NEESMITH SAID I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT A COUPLE WEEKS BEFORE I WOULD BE ABLE TO GO FISHING AGAIN SINCE I ALWAYS CATCH FISH THAT WEIGH OVER 20 POUNDS.
IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE AND FEELING GOOD, THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE PRAYER AND CONCERNS.
PA, THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
SEMPER FI salute1 salute2 salute3 :smt006 :thumbup: :wink:
FUTCHCAIRO
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: PA ALMOST KICKED THE BUCKET

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

Great to hear that you are doing well, keep up the good work
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE AND FEELING GOOD
Amen to that, Pa, amen to that. salute1
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

glad to hear you made it through PA, cardiac stuff aint no joke, i've learned the hard way.

Stay safe and don't stress and overexert yourself too much reelin' in those fishes!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

GREAT JOB PA -
TAKE CARE AND FOLLOW THE DOC'S INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER - NO MESSING AROUND. TAKE YOUR TIME TO HEAL UP SO YOU CAN GO FISHING AGAIN!!
TAKE CARE :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Glad things worked out well, a few weeks of R&R and back to the flats! My folks live in Macclenny and I was literally born and raised there.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

glad to know you are OK ,you are due some R&R
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

I Praise God! Glad to have you around as a representative of the "greatest generation". Thanks for your military service.
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Good ta here that yer still kickin PA :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Glad you got your plumbing sleeved in time to enjoy another 20 or so years of fishing!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

That must have been quite a shock PA and its good to hear that you are OK and on the mend. :thumbup:
I would suggest you give the armadillo hassling a rest and keep off that bushwacking machine.......................at least for a week or two. :-D
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THANKS FELLAS, I APPRECIATE THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND PRAYERS. I AM STAYING HOME FROM CHURCH THIS MORNING, I THINK I NEED TO GAIN SOME STRENGTH BEFORE TRYING TO GO ANYWHERE. I DO NOT HAVE ANY PAIN AND DR. KERENSKY AND HIS CREW DID A GREAT JOB, I DO NOT HAVE ANY PAIN. I AM GOING TO TAKE IT EASY FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE I TRY TO GET OUT AWAY FROM THE HOUSE. THANKS AGAIN.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
SEMPER FI.
FUTCHCAIRO
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Rest up PA and do what the Docs tell ya.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Pa - glad to hear everything is going well after the procedure. Rest up and take it slow for a while!