Lanark, Carrabelle, and St. Joe

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MuleTrainGA

Lanark, Carrabelle, and St. Joe

Post by MuleTrainGA »

Went these past couple weeks to some different locations to see where I needed to fish for the tournament coming up. With the fish moving into a little bit deeper water I tried some different places just to see what exactly the fish were up to. First we went to st. Joe for the NFGFC tournament and fish were EVERYWHERE. It didnt matter what you threw they were willing to bite just about anything with three people we caught our limit of trout from 17" to 25" and 2 reds with one being 26.99999999". Went back to st. joe the next week and pulled out nearly the same thing. Trout from 16" to 26" and 2 reds that were about 25". Also went back this past sunday and caught our limit of trout before 8:45 am. Those fish were 17" to 24" and were hammering our topwater. We ended up catching 5-6 limits and releasing majority of em.

Next we went to our wade hole "around" carrabelle. We started off the day slow with lady fish after lady fish after ladyfish after ladyfish. We ended up grinding out a limit of trout all on 4" gulps and mirrodines. Also lost about 8 plugs due to sharks, ladyfish, and macks. Had a awesome hookup with a tarpon (lasted about 10 seconds) also.

Lastly we went out of lanark. To start of we fished the lanark reef where we had a tarpon angler nicely come up to us and tell us that he was taking "our spot" as soon as we drifted out of it. :lol: About 2 hours later we left that "spot" with 6 trout up to 22" with dog Island as our destination. Upon arrival we had another tarpon angler drive within about 20 yards of us on plane and didnt even slow down for us at all. :smt012 We ended up getting 14 trout and one redfish to end the day. Most of the fish were near the deeper dropoffs and channels. Caught fish on every lure imaginable and had fun doing it.

These are the big fish we caught in the Tourney

The whole catch

This is one of the big fish I caught a couple weeks back 26 1/2" and 5 1/2 lbs

No more pictures from the other trips because I was without a camera. But believe me its all true!

Get out on the water!!!!!!!!!!
Trevor Moncrief
Fisheries Biology Class of 2014
Warnell School of Natural Resources, UGA
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark, Carrabelle, and St. Joe

Post by tallykenj »

Sounds like some great trips. Let's see how it pays off for the tourney Sat.
The Back Porch
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

This is awesome to hear as I am spending the upcoming weekend camping @ cape san blas.
You have made me even more excited to get out there!

Congrats on the amazing fishing!
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Whew. That's gettin'er done, boys. :smt038
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.