bait for East river

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cody0707

bait for East river

Post by cody0707 »

I will be headed to east river for the first time next week. Myself and another will be fishing around there from our kayaks. What kind of baits do you all recommend?
CaptReelThyme

Re: bait for East river

Post by CaptReelThyme »

ADL spoons and or CT with live shrimp. Fish the northern side of the of the mouth behind oyster beds. cast towards bed then slow retrieve to boat.. was a lot of trout out there last time i fished it
cody0707

Post by cody0707 »

CaptReelThyme wrote:ADL spoons and or CT with live shrimp. Fish the northern side of the of the mouth behind oyster beds. cast towards bed then slow retrieve to boat.. was a lot of trout out there last time i fished it
What is a CT?
FishHead91

Post by FishHead91 »

Cajun Thunder, Popping cork..

Nick S
If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.
cotton

Post by cotton »

Launch at the lighthouse and say hello to Big Irish. The first parking spot is his. If you don't meet him at the launch, he will be on the long bar straight out in front. He's great at offering advice and fishes there every weekend. Just do whatever he does.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Better take some worms & crickets cause it's liable to be all fresh water this weekend.