Jo Pa covering up fro Sandusky...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Jo Pa covering up fro Sandusky...

Post by bman »

I'm sure you have seen the articles-
http://news.yahoo.com/joe-paterno-psu-o ... tml?_esi=1
This just keeps creeping me out... Bad Bad Bad stuff from a guy we all thought of as a role model.
I keep wondering what should be done now...
Sandusky is getting his in prison.
JoPa is dead.
They should go after the administrators involved.

But does giving Penn State football the death penalty really do anything?
I guess it keeps organizations from thinking they can cover something like this up.
But what about the students that are there now- the ones on football scholarships?
They are going to pay for what these other adults have done.

What say you guys?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Re: Jo Pa covering up fro Sandusky...

Post by dolphinatic »

"But whoso shall harm one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

JoPa had to take it to the grave. Sandusky will rot in prison and never be able to touch another child (not sure what is worse for him, the sick @#$%). McQuery has to live with the guilt of being a gutless coward. Any other involved in the cover up, should have the hammer brought down hard. Penn State is a far greater institution than even JoPa was and will be around for many years to come, just like before all this. Players, students and alumni will be the ones assuming the burden of restoring PSU, and I hope this will send a message throughout the country that this can never happen again...
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Sidenote: ALL of my inlaws are PSU alumni and still live there.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

Agreed.
JPVolunteer
Site Sponsor

Post by JPVolunteer »

Penn State is a fine university with a long tradition of both academics and athletics. I don't think guilt by past association should apply to their athletic programs. Punishing the players and fans isn't necessary but they better tear that statue of Jo Pa down pretty quickly.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Penn State and the state of Pennsylvania will pay out untold millions....JoPA's name and legacy are destroyed.
Anyone who knew and had a hand in covering up for Sandusky in any way, even by complacency. must be properly charged and held accountable legally.

Penn State will survive but probably with less emphasis on football!

The game of football on the collegiate level will continue and remain only as good as dedicated players and coaches make it.
And yes, it is a sport!

A sad chapter in America.... period!

God Bless the victims and their families!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

My heart goes out to the victims. I suspect Sanducksy will not like his time in prison. Even criminals hold a black hole in their hearts for child molesters.

As for Joe Pa, he should be stripped of his wins and his statute should be removed. The other administrators should be skinned alive!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Penn State leaders disregarded victims, 'empowered' Sandusky, review finds :smt011
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/us/pennsy ... index.html
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

The statue should be removed immediately.
Severely penalize the administrators, coaches, staff, anyone that had an idea it was going on. If they knew it and hid it that's as bad as the act itself. Don't penalize the former and future athletes though. They don't deserve to be caught up in this mess unless an individual had knowledge of the abuse.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

The statue should be removed and buried in a hole, JoPa's name should be removed from the football history books as if he had never coached a down, and Yes, the Death Penalty should be enacted for the Football Team. The NCAA should allow all scholarship players to transfer to schools that will accept them (and there should be a national push for schools to accept them as it wasn't their fault). But, yes sir give them the Death Penalty. This is sickening and it WAS ABOUT FOOTBALL and the program should be put down for at least five years. Screw em if they never survive, we are talking about a University, that across the board at all levels supported the covering up the raping of innocent children, so that the football program wouldn't be negatively impacted. I hope Sandusky rots in hell and is sodomized every day he is in jail. I only wish JoPa was still alive so that he could see his image tarnished publicly. There's no doubt that the "burden" of him not doing the right thing gnawed on him up to the end and may have contributed to his death, but you know what, oh friggen well............... It's hard to believe that I used to hold that man up in such high regard. People need to remember that we are talking about troubled youth looking for help that were totally victimized by Sandusky and this was covered up by PSU.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
ragansm1

Post by ragansm1 »

I only wish Jo Pa was here to admit guilt or protect himself. That would solve a lot of the questions.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Jo Pa's statue will remain on campus, although they are having to guard it. They took a vote and decided to keep it instead of reacting too quickly in a knee jerk fashion to the pressure they are under from this situation.

Blah Blah Blah. Tear it down.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

ragansm1 wrote:I only wish Jo Pa was here to admit guilt or protect himself. That would solve a lot of the questions.
He already made statements before his death that are contrary to the investigative findings. So, I assume he would "lawyer up" and just continue to deny everything if he was still alive.
The lawsuits and possible criminal cases against the University Administrators will add to the certainty of his complicity, even his leadership in the coverup.

It's awful for the boys, shameful for PSU.

However, just so we don't get too complacent that it couldn't happen around these parts, the property that the Moorings in Carrabelle now occupies was once a "Troubled Youth" camp that had male administrators that preyed on their clients, and not just one administrator or one boy. Memories can be short when the memory is painful. We gotta watch out for our children, and the children that have no family to care for them.

EJ
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Banner Flying Over Penn State To Have Joe Paterno Statue Removed

Read more: http://www.961kiss.com/pages/freakshow. ... z20tgH1vRb

...Someone has a banner flying over Penn State today that says "Take the statue down or we will" referring, obviously, to the Joe Paterno statue that still stands outside the football stadium.

Paternoville changes name to Nittanyville
... http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... ttanyville

Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Tear it down
Fire everyone who knew anything about any of this and start from scratch. The root of the problem lies on anyone who takes these coaches and elevates them to an almost god like status. Think Woody Hayes, Bear Bryant, etc...