ABC Tourney this weekend

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

ABC Tourney this weekend

Post by SHOWBOAT »

anyone fishing?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: ABC Tourney this weekend

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Got details?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Capt's meeting tomorrow at Hooters. All I have is a PDF and I don't know how to attach, so I pasted the rules

2012 ABC Fishing Tournament
Rules & Regulations
1. Entry Fee is $350 (Members) or $400 (Non-Members) for OFFSHORE Division, which includes one boat and a maximum of six (6) anglers. The entry fee for the INSHORE Division is $200 (Members) or $225 (Non-Members), which includes one boat and a maximum of three (3) anglers. The entry fee for the COMBO Division (Inshore and/or Offshore) is $450 (Members) or $500 (Non-Members), which includes one boat and a maximum of six (6) anglers. OFFSHORE and COMBO entrants will receive 4 tournament T-shirts and the INSHORE entrants will receive 2 tournament T-shirts. Additional T-shirts may be purchased at the event. No entries will be accepted after The Captain’s Meeting on Wednesday, July 18, 2012. All Entry Fees are Non-Refundable.
1. This is a boat tournament, six anglers per boat maximum in the OFFSHORE Division and three anglers per boat maximum in the INSHORE Division. The Captains’ Meeting will be held at Hooters, North Monroe St., Wednesday, July 18th at 5:30 p.m. Anglers must be at least 18 years of age to enter as a Team Member. Professional fishing guides and commercial fishermen who earn at least 25% of their income during the 12 months preceding the tournament by guiding, catching or selling marine fish are restricted from entering this tournament. Teams may charter a commercial boat as long as the captain and / or deck hand do not participate in the tournament.
3. The rules of this tournament may be amended verbally or in writing at the time of the Captain’s meeting. Anglers are responsible for knowing all the rules.
4. Only fish weighed in the presence of a registered Team Member from the boat that caught the fish will be considered officially entered in the tournament. The OFFSHORE Division is limited to the largest, by weight, Grouper (Gag & Red) and largest King Mackerel for species of fish eligible for prizes. The INSHORE Division is limited to the largest, by weight, Speckled Trout, largest Red Fish and largest Spanish Mackerel eligible for prizes. All fish presented for weigh-in must be fresh, in edible condition and must be caught on tournament day. Acceptability of fish will be determined by the Tournament Judge. All fish must adhere to size and bag limits of the State of Florida. Anglers are urged to release those fish not to be entered. Releases should be in keeping with the best conservation methods.
5. All entries must be weighed at the Moorings, Carrabelle. Any fish may be cut open. Any fish to be considered for weigh in must be in line and signed-in no later than 6:00 PM EST. The earliest that fish may be weighed in is 3:00 PM EST. No fish will be weighed before 3:00 PM EST for any reason.
6. Rule violations, the eligibility of entrants or entered fish, disqualifications, and any other matters not specifically covered by these rules will be decided by the Tournament Judge in consultation with the Tournament Chairman. The Tournament Judge may disqualify any person who commits any violation of tournament rules. Decisions of the Tournament Judge are final and binding on all entrants.
7. No boat may leave the dock before 6:00 AM EST. Boats can leave from any Port of Departure. You must declare which inlet you will be leaving from on the entry form.
8. Anglers must hook and fight their own fish on a single rod and reel. Anglers are allowed to keep their fish. Entrants are responsible for removing their own fish, following the final award ceremony. Any fish remaining in cold storage after the close of the final awards ceremony shall become the property of the tournament. International Game Fish Association rules will prevail. All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Electric reels are allowed. Deck mounted winch devices (“one-armed bandits”) are prohibited. Live bait is permitted. Any protests concerning conduct or rules violations must be filed in writing with the Tournament Judge the day of the tournament no later than 6:30 p.m.
9. Tournament winners will be awarded their prizes during the ceremonies held approximately one hour after final weigh-in at center stage.
10. In the event of a tie in weight, the winner shall be determined by the earliest weigh-in time.
11. No refunds will be given. The Tournament Officials have the right, but not the obligation, to reschedule the date of the tournament for weather or sea-related reasons. However, whatever tournament date the Tournament Officials choose, the Tournament will be held on that date, regardless of weather conditions. All boats, anglers, and tournament participants are responsible for their own well-being and each participant is solely responsible for his/her own determination of safe sea/weather conditions.
12. All participating anglers must possess a valid Florida Saltwater Fishing License unless fishing with a commercial charter boat and applicable permits.
13. Prizes are as follows:
OFFSHORE Largest Grouper First Place $1,500
(Gag or Red) Second Place $750
Third Place $500
Largest King Fish First Place $600
INSHORE Largest Speckled Trout First Place $500
Largest Red Fish First Place $500
Largest Spanish Mackerel
First Place $500
14. Prizes are based on having a minimum of 20 OFFSHORE boats entered in the Tournament, and a minimum of 10 INSHORE boats entered in the Tournament. In the event there are fewer boats entered than these minimums, the prize money will be prorated based on the ratio of boats actually entered compared to the minimum number of boats required. For example, if there are 15 OFFSHORE boats entered, then the OFFSHORE prizes would be 75% of the prize values listed (15 / 20 = .75) and if there were only 5 INSHORE boats entered, then the INSHORE prizes would be 50% of the prize values listed (5 / 10 = .50). The OFFSHORE and INSHORE prizes are treated separately – for example, if there are 20 OFFSHORE boats entered in the Tournament and only 5 INSHORE boats entered in the Tournament, only the INSHORE prize values would be prorated.
15. Each angler that receives a prize over $600 will receive an IRS Form 1099. Prize money will be cash and if distributed among team
Members, a W-9 will not be required.
16. All entrants participate in the tournament at their own risk.
17. Tournament Officials, ABC Members, The Moorings, Tournament Committee Members and all other persons directly or indirectly connected with the operation of the tournament are exempt from any liability for loss, damage, injury, negligence, or harm to any entrant, participant, or equipment which may occur during the Tournament.
End of Rules
05/3/2012
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I will split a Inshore boat if someone wants to fish.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

thinking about it, but I haven't decided yet. I love tournaments but not sure about the format. You could just bet me $250 and I could leave with my $500, no IRS forms.

Now if Hobbs would repay me for captaining him to the BBSC trout and put me on his grouper hole, that may be worthwhile. $400 entry is a good chunk of change though
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I can't fish it anyway, but who is the benefactor of this event? Who is ABC?

And there is a direct conflict in Rule #8. If contestants are fishing by IGFA rules, then electric or any power-driven reels are prohibited.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Format seems simple enough.
Big Trout
Big Red
Big Mackeral
Don't cheat.
Me and Ashley found some big trout last weekend,just couldn't get them to bite.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Not a great payout for a sporty entry fee, especially inshore. Capt Dave, building contractors. I think it is a tourney for those guys to get together for a good time. Bigtime bragging rights in that circle also.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

so you guys want to throw in $200 bucks apiece and we'll have a tourney, SHOWBOAT Foundation For Better Living, big trout takes all. Plenty of bragging rights and we can have our own good time. We'll take out one team's entry for a keg and some cocktails at the weigh-in. 5 teams would make for a fun day. What say ye?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Salty Gator wrote:Not a great payout for a sporty entry fee, especially inshore. Capt Dave, building contractors. I think it is a tourney for those guys to get together for a good time. Bigtime bragging rights in that circle also.

Thanks for the clarification. Thought that might be the group, but wasn't sure.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I just spoke to a buddy on the board of the associated builders and contractors, he said they would like to have more outside involvement. With the economy being down, and times particularly hard for those guys, the numbers have dropped over the recent years. With more boats, better payouts can be made. Cool idea showboat, change it to reds and maybe.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

It's the local commercial contractors tournament.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I am in. Had a couple ringers call and wanted me to fish with them.
See you at the scales.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I am in. Had a couple ringers call and wanted me to fish with them.
See you at the scales.
Does your AC company count a contractor? how did you get in the inner-circle?
You fishing in-shore or off?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Here are the rules.
Attachments
2012FishingTournamentRegistration.pdf
(176.72 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
WHOSE FISH IS IT?