Oyster Bay Boat Ramp?

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

AshlieKC

Oyster Bay Boat Ramp?

Post by AshlieKC »

Where is the best place to access Oyster Bay by canoe? Is there a boat ramp? Thanks in advance!
Just take me fishing ;-)
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Oyster Bay Boat Ramp?

Post by fishinfool »

You should check out the FCKA website. They have many locations for launching kayaks and canoes.
AshlieKC

Post by AshlieKC »

Sweet! Thanks! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
Just take me fishing ;-)
t-macks

Post by t-macks »

Blue Dolphin
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Go like you are driving to the "Spring Creek" Restaurant, or go like you are driving to shell point, but instead of turning left to shell point keep going straight and you will end up in "Spring Creek" by the Restaurant. Within 100' of the parking lot on the left side of the road is what looks like a private gate. That is it. Drive through the gate and you will see a single-wide and what used to be a sea food processing house
(now vacant and looks kind of haunted) The ramp is next to the house. There is enough room to park about 20 trailers. The cost is $5 the last time I checked. Someone from the trailer will come and get your $5 (cash only). The ramp is concrete and has a wood dock with some "T's" to tie off on. Since the springs are near by (and quite an awe inspiring sight I'll attach a picture) the rising and falling tides have little to no effect on the ramp accessibly during low tide. Remember Spring Creek is a very small town and everyone knows everyone eles's business, so be kind and courteous. The Lovels and the Spears families own most of the water front areas.

Spring creek is and AWESOME place to go canoeing you can explore going north up the creek and explore the main springs, or if you are chasing the fish there are many many spots that hold red fish and trout going out of the creek. If you hit it on a week day, you might have the whole place to yourself. Enjoy :thumbup:

This spring is located south of the ramp and it's 18-20' deep on my depth finder and it continuously boils.

Here is a website for Spring Creek;
http://springcreekfl.com/products/sprin ... chronicles

BTW - If you have not read the "Spring Creek Chronicles" you are missing out on some great fishing stories and historical prospective from the Lovel Brothers Leo, Clay and Ben.
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.