native kayak question

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

killswitch

native kayak question

Post by killswitch »

I have located a 14 native manta ray kayak some one is selling and have a question. (this is all new to me) After checking the native web page, I saw where they also offer a manta ray angler and could not tell any difference in the two except for the rod holders. Looks like the hull and the other features are the same. Also, does any one have any input on this sled.......... I like the seat. :-D Thanks, Tony
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: native kayak question

Post by Salty Gator »

I'm not 100% sure about the manta ray, but in the ultimate, the differences between the angler and the regular boat are the rod holder mounts and the anchor trolly system. Both so easy to install an idiot (me) could do it. In fact I rarely use my scotty rod holders anymore. The anchor trolly is a must, you can get the kit at Kevin's. Again, not sure about the manta ray, but native has a forum you could check out, I'm sure you could find out there. Hopefully talltales or another native pro staffer will chime in. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I'm not 100% sure about the manta ray, but in the ultimate, the differences between the angler and the regular boat are the rod holder mounts and the anchor trolly system. Both so easy to install an idiot (me) could do it. In fact I rarely use my scotty rod holders anymore. The anchor trolly is a must, you can get the kit at Kevin's. Again, not sure about the manta ray, but native has a forum you could check out, I'm sure you could find out there. Hopefully talltales or another native pro staffer will chime in. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

The Native Manta Ray is a sit on top style fishing kayak. It has scupper holes and will self bail. The "Angler" version basically has some built in rod holders and an anchor trolley installed by Native. You can easily install and customize the mantaray yourself. The seat has to be the most comfortable one in the industry. This is a good all purpose fishing kayak.