Big Reds

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

Big Reds

Post by LucWilliams »

I've had a chance to fish a few times the past couple weeks in between my summer class and lots of traveling. I fished the past two Fridays and this past Sunday out of the Lighthouse. It's been a little hit or miss, depending on what kind of live bait I could get and the tides. Been too much floating grass for any artificial. Friday the 13th we did pretty well. I got a 33 inch red and two in the slot that made the trip home for my fishin partner's dinner. All on live bait. The following Friday we got run off the water by about 9 by storms, not one of our best days. Sunday we had a tough day on reds, only got one keeper. We did see a few trout starting to show back up which is a good sign. Here are pictures from the 13th. No pictures of the red from Sunday because they are on my Dad's camera and haven't been uploaded yet.

My teammate and roommate that I fish with all the time in Pensacola just joined the Mitzi gang and purchased a 17 Mitzi, beautiful boat. Had the opportunity to drive over for one day of fishin in New Orleans where he is from. We got up at 4:30 and headed south looking to sightfish reds in the marsh. Caught lots of fish, almost all big ones. Limits over there are much different so we brought home a one man limit(5 reds). Our three biggest fish were a pair of 28 inch twins and a 30 inch red. Saw tons of fish, caught lots. Everything was sightfished on soft plastic. They don't have the clear water that we are all used to, but they do have fish that will not spook. Amazing time over there, can't wait to get back.

Getting ready to kick things into high gear for preseason over here and with soccer season it will be a long time before I'm back on our local waters. Will be fishin Pcola a bit since I towed my boat here. Lookin forward to it. Tight lines to everyone and be safe out there!
AshlieKC

Re: Big Reds

Post by AshlieKC »

Awesome!
Just take me fishing ;-)
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Sounds like "Good Times" to me! Nice report!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Good looking fish!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

You are a red catching fool!!!
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Those are some HEALTHY rteds!! Nice report, thanks for posting..
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Wow!

Wtg!
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

That 3 spotter you are holding up is a pig. Nice fish.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup: