SEATROUT SHOOTOUT SEPT 16

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RedTrout

SEATROUT SHOOTOUT SEPT 16

Post by RedTrout »

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Kevin’s Fine Outdoor Gear & Apparel Seatrout Shootout presented by Calico Jack's will take place Sunday, September 16, 2012. Cash rewards will be paid out to the top 10 teams weighing in the heaviest combined weight of (5) Slot Seatrout (15" - 20"). Teams will also have the option to register for an additional $1000 in bonus money. $250 will be given for each of the following categories. Big Trout, Big Red, Red w/ Most Spots and Luck Of The Draw. With an entry fee of $50.00 per angler (bonus categories are optional) and a Guarnteed cash purse of $5000, you and your crew will want to get registered today! (download an entry form http://www.seatroutshootout.com/docs/20 ... ryForm.pdf or pick one up at Kevin's)

This unique inshore fishing tournament allows teams to launch their boat at any boat ramp, fish their favorite holes and then weigh their catch in at Jerry's Bait & Tackle located at 664 Woodville Highway, Crawfordville, FL.

If all that sounds good wait till you hear the rest. We have everything from Banquets & Kick Off parties (presented by Calico Jack's & Coors Light) featuring live music by Tallahassee's very own Tobacco Rd Band. So be sure to take a few minutes and check out our website (www.seatroutshootout.com) to see what else we have in store for this years edition of the SeaTrout Shootout.

If you are on Facebook, be sure to "LIKE" our page at http://www.facebook.com/h2outdoors - updates including special offers and incentives will be posted there!

P.S. - We have made some significant rules changes, specifically regarding weather.

For more information, visit our website at www.seatroutshootout.com or contact Brian Hurley at (850) 528-0553.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: SEATROUT SHOOTOUT SEPT 16

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Seatrout Shootout Rules
The tournament will not be canceled or postponed due to weather or sea conditions. Entry fees are non-refundable.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
RedTrout

Post by RedTrout »

You got it jumptrout51.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

MANDATORY CAPTAINS MEETING TONIGHT
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
gary z

Post by gary z »

How many teams entered. Just curious
RedTrout

Post by RedTrout »

42 teams entered. Thanks to everyone for participating and I hope you guys enjoyed Calico Jack's and the Tobacco Rd Band last night.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good meeting and the band sounded good. Didn't realize there was food on the patio until after we'd eaten inside.

Looks like a competitive field. Can't wait 'til Sunday.
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

42 teams is a great turn out for a fall tournament. Well done H2Outdoors. Look forward to seeing everyone at Jerry's, hopefully with a fat check at the end.
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

42 teams! I better get out tomorrow and catch some before there's none left.
The Back Porch
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

So did we have any winners or is it TOP SECRET ? :smt004
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

I don't know all the results, but I remember some of them.

Pat McGriff and Warrior won big trout (25" and 5#s) as well as the lucky dog.
Spoted redfish had 4 dots, but I can't rememer the winner. Big redfish was really heavy, almost 8#s, but again I can't remember who caught it.

Two guys from PC won the trout stringer with just over 11#s. Brice Hill and his team took second. Junior was third. Steve, Matt and I were fourth.

Hopefully someone else can fill in more of the gaps.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

From their Facebook page:

The 2012 Kevin's Fine Outdoor Gear & Apparel Seatrout Shootout presented by H2Outdoors, Inc. is in the books. Thanks to Lezlie, Stephen, Ashley, sponsors & anglers for participating. Here's the leaderboard! 1. Team Pop 11.06 lbs., Sims/Hill 10.55 lbs., TNA Stick 10.32 lbs., Skeeter Bite 9.83 lbs., Bushatz/Warnock/Key 9.71 lbs., Hough/Griggs 8.99 lbs., Myhometownfishing.com 8.93 lbs., Won Over 8.92 lbs., M&M 8.69 lbs., Acousti.com 8.17 lbs. Team M&M won the Big Trout 4.82 lbs & Luck of the Draw, Myhometownfishing.com won the Big Red 7.37 lbs, Team Won Over had the Redfish W/ the most spots (4).

Silverking and I fished our tails off in the strong tea to 5 day old coffee colored water out of St. Marks, had one of our fish DQ'ed for being 1/32" too long, placed well out of the money, and generally had a great time. Congrats to the winners.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Well done, moneymakers! I discovered that paddling a leaky canoe from Deep Creek levee to Palmetto Island & back to the levee takes twice as long as wadefishing the same locale. I'm still recovering. The hungry schools of 22" reds all over that area would have made me real happy...on a non-tourny weekend.

Props to Stubbs for representing Otto with that Big Red, and hats off to everybody who found trout in all the floating grass.

Hope we do more tourny weigh-ins at Jerry's. Great folks there!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Eric and I (Team Meridian) got off to a great start out of St. Marks. By 9:00 am we had 3 trout, two of which were between 19 and 20 inches and two redfish.

Unfortunately I was trying to cut a wide berth around other fisherman when we looped back to repeat our drift and I smacked a rock. It cut a 18" x 1" gash in the bottom of my boat, and down we went. We managed to keep the boat level by moving ourselves and our coolers around, and kept the motor running. Water was pouring in the gaping hole in the bottom of my boat, and back out over the transom. We made rode that way for 4.5 miles @ 3mph all the way back to the lighthouse ramp. I've never seen an outboard run nearly submerged for so long, turning that kind of rpms. I made a pass by the dock at the lighthouse pool and Eric jumped for the handrail then backed my trailer down. One loop around the pool keeping our 3 mph pace up and I ran it right up on the trailer.

My poor boat is at the house waiting on the insurance adjuster to come look at it. You guys can add me to your list of those who sunk this year.... :beer:

PS - I will post the entire story with pics when I get a chance.

- Steve Stinson
President
NFGFC
mastercaster

Post by mastercaster »

So much for an aluminum boat...