Early Teal and Woodduck Season...

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Early Teal and Woodduck Season...

Post by bman »

I have my spot picked out...

anyone else hunting next weekend?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
micci_man

Re: Early Teal and Woodduck Season...

Post by micci_man »

Yep but I'm affraid there will be 1,185 others as well. It amazes me that teenage boys can see a few birds and think that nobody else has seen them at the same spot and they will be all alone. Heck, Saturday I watched 2 boys sitting under a mojo educating the birds.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Yes I am going and you found my spot! Where I am going, I am sure it will be a goat roping. I HATE hunting public waters on opening day!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

maybe, duck scouting hasn't been very successful. I may do better to keep the bow and arrow in my hand and chase 4 legged creatures.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
bman

Post by bman »

I hear you guys about public water... Hoping Im in a spot that's so hard to get to I wont see anyone else!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
bbb

Post by bbb »

bman wrote:I hear you guys about public water... Hoping Im in a spot that's so hard to get to I wont see anyone else!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Tell that to the 5 teenage boys that walked over 1/2 mile thru waist deep water to shoot 5 wood ducks at Iamonia a few years ago. They almost got a bow full of boat when I came around the corner. The first thing I asked them is where their boat sunk at. When they told me they walked in that morning and it took them an hour, I gave them a ride back to their truck.

Walking Iamonia in waste deep water in 75-80 degree weather for a duck. :hammer:

There are no secret or "too hard to get to spots" in Leon county.

From what I've been told, there are currently folks camping out on their spot as we type.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Y'all can have it. Something about duck hunting in shorts turns me off. See y'all when the real season opens!! Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

bbb wrote:
bman wrote:I hear you guys about public water... Hoping Im in a spot that's so hard to get to I wont see anyone else!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Tell that to the 5 teenage boys that walked over 1/2 mile thru waist deep water to shoot 5 wood ducks at Iamonia a few years ago. They almost got a bow full of boat when I came around the corner. The first thing I asked them is where their boat sunk at. When they told me they walked in that morning and it took them an hour, I gave them a ride back to their truck.

Walking Iamonia in waste deep water in 75-80 degree weather for a duck. :hammer:

There are no secret or "too hard to get to spots" in Leon county.

From what I've been told, there are currently folks camping out on their spot as we type.
If that's true, then someone has more time than brains. Last year was quite the spectacle...I imagine this year will be worse. Got on the lake at midnight and spend the next 6 hours watching teenage kids race their dads' boats, pick drunken fights, scream at everyone that shone a light at them, and then, to top all that off, drive around spotlighting teal as they flew off the roost and shoot them. I've never seen anything like it...

That being said, I'll still be out there. I guess I'll never learn...
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

BBB -
Did you get those kids names? They are really land surveyors at heart, they just don't know it yet! :-D

Steve Stinson
President
NFGFC
CastTheFlats

Post by CastTheFlats »

Good luck all and be safe.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Reading this thread reminds me why I quit duck hunting 20 years ago. :hammer: :hammer:
What was I supposed to do today?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Salty Gator wrote:Y'all can have it. Something about duck hunting in shorts turns me off. See y'all when the real season opens!! Good luck

Are you sure about that? Looks pretty appealing from this perspective? Quack, quack! :lol: And as the late, great John Lennon noted, "Happiness is a warm gun..."
img_8536.jpeg
img_8536.jpeg (218.68 KiB) Viewed 3943 times
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

If my duck hunting buddy looked like that, I would hunt early season religiously!!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Salty Gator wrote:If my duck hunting buddy looked like that, I would hunt early season religiously!!
Hell, I would hunt out of season, and call the Game Warden. :-D
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

If my hunting partner looked like that, I would not be able to afford to hunt. My wife would be my ex and she would own all of my stuff!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!