Chalk & Tincan ride again

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Chalk & Tincan ride again

Post by Chalk »

Asked Tincan to go do some exploring with me yesterday - launched from an undisclosed location at first light. (Location is undisclosed because JT51 has implemented tariffs on his holes :o ) :lol:

Went to the first spot and found green trout, trout & redfish...so we left there after an hour or so of looking. Tincan found this lil fish while we were looking around....released to make more for the future.

NOAA forecast was dead wrong...10-15 easy

We moved about ten miles and found a bunch of lil trout and decent amount of redfish.

Tincan with a bronze bomber one of many throughout the day.

The best part of the day was the amazing number of scaups we saw....I have never seen so many ducks in my life....we are talking in the 1000s.....the flights were looking to roost near us.....they're we're spooked by a bald eagle and they made the sky go black..wish I had brought my DLSR was amazing to see.

Fish were caught on topwater, hard & soft jerk baits

Good to fish with Tincan again. He is one of the few that will fish light to dark with me..which we did.
Badbagger

Re: Chalk & Tincan ride again

Post by Badbagger »

Great photos and report :thumbup:
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Nice work guys!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Yep. Just like old times. One more chapter in "The Adventures of Chalk and Tin Can. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chalk didn't exaggerate about the ducks. Not only did they darken the sky when they got up, the sound of their wings was incredible, even for an old deaf guy like me.

As always, a great time, partner. Can't wait to do it again.
What was I supposed to do today?
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

sounds like a great trip! But for us to fully cyber-experience the "feel" of your success the location would help us get a better mental picture, thus a better "sharing" of your fantastic trip!:)
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

They fished their regular place. South of 98. Still owe the tariff.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

Great post Chalk! :thumbup: :beer: :thumbup:
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Jumptrout51 wrote:They fished their regular place. South of 98. Still owe the tariff.
I happen to know you charge more tariff for some holes, and less tariff for others. I don't know what the tariff is for the hole we fished yesterday. When you figure out what hole we were in I'll pay the appropriate tariff.........or at least owe you for it. :-D
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

tin can wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:They fished their regular place. South of 98. Still owe the tariff.
I happen to know you charge more tariff for some holes, and less tariff for others. I don't know what the tariff is for the hole we fished yesterday. When you figure out what hole we were in I'll pay the appropriate tariff.........or at least owe you for it. :-D
Based upon the green trout and the bronze red,I suspect I know within 1000 yards of where it was.
I am running a Christmas Special. $2.00 a fish,short,slots or over.
Ya'll owe $200.00 in round numbers.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
tin can wrote:
Based upon the green trout and the bronze red,I suspect I know within 1000 yards of where it was.
I am running a Christmas Special. $2.00 a fish,short,slots or over.
Ya'll owe $200.00 in round numbers.
I think you got the decimal point in the wrong place. That should be $20.00.