Gag shortage..... Yea right!

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

Gag shortage..... Yea right!

Post by boomhauer »

Took wife and 3 year old out of lanark tuesday afternoon to play with the sea bass and grunts..... When we arrived in 35-40 ft , after an enjoyable smooth ride, I tossed out a stretch 30 to see if we could pull in a big one to show our daughter. 10 minutes later we had a 28" gag in the boat. Took a few pics and released him back in the clear water. They are really frisky when it's cool. 15 more minutes and two more similar gags.... So hard to turn them back. After the 3rd, I put away the stretch and we played with the panfish for awhile before heading to dog to look for snails and such....

Maybe NOAA needs to actually go look at what's out there instead of standing behind their archaic computed models!

Great day!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Gag shortage..... Yea right!

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Give me the number to the hole.
I will send it to my friend at NOAA and have them take a look.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Give me the number to the hole.
I will send it to my friend at NOAA and have them take a look.
:-D
boomhauer

Post by boomhauer »

Lol......

Everywhere out there is the same. We dove in December and had to shoo them away.
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

I caught a fine gag a couple of weeks ago jiggin for seabass. Did you happen to notice the water temp?
boomhauer

Post by boomhauer »

I didn't stick my toes in the water, but it was beautiful and clear. Could see a small piece of cut bait 25 ft +......
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Go fish, catch fish, grill fish on boat,eat fish on boat, Go home happy. :beer: :thumbup:
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

I see Boomhauer's numbers right there...35-40 ft out of Lanark...not hard to figure that number out ;)