3/27 and 2/28- Offshore Report out of Econfina

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

3/27 and 2/28- Offshore Report out of Econfina

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Headed out early, stopped and loaded the livewell with trap caught pinfish, ( which are shallow 1/4 mile off the hill where a creek spills into the gulf ) headed offshore, Our keeper total for Saturday was 2 Grouper, and 5 Amberjacks ( the jacks are really thick ) catch all you want, Sunday total for a short day, was 2 Grouper , 1 nice trigger, and 5 Amberjacks, and a slick ride back, boy the water is clear at 70 ft, so clear we caught a grouper trolling a 30 plus in 70 ft. , but the live pinns are the ticket. Threw back plenty of shorts for another day.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Gosh Frank,.... I almost missed your post!. Good job there. Got a question ... when you refer to the "hill" where bout's would that be?

I'm assume'm that your probably traveling South Southwest ??? from the river to get to where you fisn? 70' of water would be a fur piece it would seem to me.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

hill, or land at econfina, and yep, its about 33 miles i think...nice run on a good day..long run on a bad day..
fish finder
Site Sponsor

AJ's

Post by fish finder »

Frank,
Are you catching those AJ's over natural bottom or wreck fishing? I've only found one spot that wasn't a marked wreck that produced AJ's and it might be a wreck, I don't dive so I don't know for sure.
Sounds like you had a great two day trip. I suppose when I head SE 25 to 30 miles, I'm probably fishing the same general area as you are coming SW from Econfina. The next time I do that, I'll give you a shout.

Capt. Jay
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Capt. Jay, we have 2 good spots in that general area , 1 is a wreck and 1 is natural bottom within a mile of each other and the AJs came off both spots. We are usually out at least every other weekend. Looks like we might be back on for this weekend and the next. We monitor channel 14 and go by teamgrouper... give us a shout.. frank