Donkey Talk....

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BeeeReady

Donkey Talk....

Post by BeeeReady »

I moved to Tallahassee from Jacksonville in 2005 and discovered St Marks..Although I have only been fishing these waters for six or seven years, I have fished all over Florida for most of my life. That being said, I must say that the people who fish these waters are some of the nicest people I have met, as well as incredible fishermen...All have treated me with respect and many have been fountains of info...Many of these people come from as far away as Macon Ga, as well closer areas like Thomasville and Cairo..(Ga boys can fish beleive me..) These folks, as well as locals, have full time jobs, families and businesses and fish when time allows, not when tides allow.. Not all of them can go to St Marks for the day and spend 12 hours "mapping"...To call them "donkeys" is rude and unfair...If you don't like "donks" on the bends in the river..I suggest you beat them to the river in the morning..I don't care how much lingo you know or if you're the best fisherman in the state...offending half the people on this site doesnt' cut it..We're here for good reports and to pass on what we know...so next time, let's just hear a good report...if ya can't do that...start fishing the Fennholloway....
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
fishing coach
Site Sponsor

Re: Donkey Talk....

Post by fishing coach »

Well said Beee!!
kirt

Post by kirt »

Definitely well said, but what's wrong with fenholloway? Almost halfway point between econfina and SW, can fish either way without the run and can get out on almost any tide...just re-read, maybe you mean in the river itself, in that case gotta agree. Just wondering as its my favorite place, no idle just haul but to where you wanna fish.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Anyone fishing Fenholloway is wasting their time. Everyone knows there are no fish there due to Buckeye.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I agree with ya jt no fish there keep fishing the st. Marks a lot more fish there.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Thanks, Beee. You said exactly what I was thinking while reading those reports. I guess one could regard fishing as just another way to win a put-down contest. Others of us like it for the chance to get outside, savor the water, and find supper. To each his own, but if it weren't for so-called "donkeys," those who apparently catch fish all the time couldn't consider themselves amazing by comparison.
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

I have to confess not ever having heard of "Donkey" to identify any group, ethnicity, or state origin. If it used in place of "jackass" than I understand the meaning but don't fully appreciate it's use.