3/30/13 carrabelle

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reeltherapy

3/30/13 carrabelle

Post by reeltherapy »

Headed down to carrabelle for the weekend looking forward to the calm seas noaa was calling for. woke up early Saturday morning headed for gas bait and ice at lanark. put in with the girl friend and the dog with plans on heading after ajs. hit the channel at dog islands and between the wind blowing and the seas kicked up i quickly realized that noaa was a bit off on there predictions. Decided to head to some close numbers but that did not work out as the gf was sick and had been since Thursday and taking a beating on the water was not helping so i headed in and dropped her off. i could not stand the thought of a wasted day so back to the water i went solo. Headed out to about 38 foot of water and trolled with a few stretch 30's and quickly hooked up to a 32" gag (not an easy task by yourself in rough water on a 22 foot boat) headed to a close number and anchored up and caught several more nice gags and a few short snapper was cut off by a king. i figured i might better get back and check on the sick gf who i had left in the bed with a trash can lol before my fishing privileges were revoked. total for the day 8 gags up to 32" 3 short red snapper grunts and black sea bass and one missed king. all in all a great day other than throwing back the gags.
Last edited by reeltherapy on April 1st, 2013, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ced0412

Re: 3/30/13 carrabelle

Post by ced0412 »

What makes you think you got cut off by a king? The water is still cold.
reeltherapy

Post by reeltherapy »

The two runs he made and i was able to get a look at him before he cut me off
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

Sounds like a good day fishing! Hate to hear about the GF. Thank you for supporting Lanark Market!! :thumbup:
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
Outdoorsnole

Post by Outdoorsnole »

Glad to hear a grouper report! This weather has been a pain to try and fish in the past few weekends.

Nice job on the grouper!