Rock the dock (skitterwalk version)

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

Rock the dock (skitterwalk version)

Post by skitterwalk »

Alright Guys here goes a report. I haven't written many since my arthritis hit me a year or so ago, and I got it bad in the knuckle and wrist area so I couldn't write any reports. The pain was to grave! But anyway here goes nothing. My buddy Nathan and I won free rock the dock tickets so we decided to fish it. I notified him that I haven't really fished for red and trout since flippen last fall or something so it wasn't my fault if we got skunked. But he didn't care so we went to this one place(its name seems to have slipped my mind) and we got on the water about 30min to an hour after sun up. I tied him on a jig and topwater and I did the same. Fist cast=needle fish 50th cast = redfish blow up 75th cast = inspiration!

Key word inspiration, she was over slot </3 Nathan and I split up and he comes back with an all to common "I had one boat side but he got off!" stories and caught another but he said it was over slot too. So good things were happening but it was about noon so we agreed to split up one more time and head in. I set up for one more drift and stake out on a pot hole. I worked the edges with the trusty sebile and about 20 casts later i'm like kill me now, where are they! About the time I got done with my retrieve and set my rod down and I crap you not...I scan behind me to look for Nathan, and hear a commotion in in the cockpit of my yak. I turn my head around mid way through my rod FLYING out of my boat and before I knew what was going on, my rod was zipping through the water like a rocket away from me 8O I jumped out quicker than I could think ,I just knew that $450 rod and reel wasn't leaving me without a fight. I caught up with it and grabbled it but the culprit was gone:( so I just waded around considering I was already in and hooked up with another but it straightened out about 5 of the 6 treble hook points :? after that I called it a day and went home for round two that evening. I'm going to go ahead and sum it up IT WAS ON FIRE. I unbuttoned on a leg size trout and landed two others including a red and some 24's and 23" trout. Here were the two biggest both were 26" and 10 minutes apart IF THAT

I caught the bigger one first and released the second 26" trout right after I caught it(no culling involved!!!!!!!)It was time to go but genius Benjamin didn't check the tides...I swear to goodness I pulled my kayak over more yards of mud than all my lot tide adventures combined I wanted to give up and sleep on the shoreline! We couldn't find the deep water but we made it at like 11 or some ridiculous time. We got about an hour of sleep legitimately and went back at it the next morning. I was falling asleep in my yak probably made 10 casts all Sunday knowing I had the trout division. But Nathan, I was proud, he stuck it out and caught a fat 25 incher as we were heading in. And to the weigh ins we went.

Nathans 2nd place red fish
Rob's 3rd place trout
My first place trout
Donny's 3rd place redfish
Austin's 1st place redfish
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: Rock the dock (skitterwalk version)

Post by Harmsway »

Attsboy skitt

Fishin' is the mission.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
grasscarp

Re: Rock the dock (skitterwalk version)

Post by grasscarp »

Good job on hauling the fish back and forth after the weigh in. What do they end up doing with those fish? You didnt get elected to clean them did you?