boat batteries

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JimR
Site Sponsor

boat batteries

Post by JimR »

Good Morning all. I need to replace the batteries in my bass boat and think I'll take the battery out of the Key West and use it as a starting battery in the bass boat , put the new one in the KW and get a deep cycle for the trolling motor. I don't use the bass boat much at all so I don't want to spend a lot but don't want junk either. I have always had Interstate and had good luck with them. Any suggestions of another brand ?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Everyone has opinions about batteries. Personally, I'm forgetful, and forget to check the water in my batteries. And, the batteries in both of my boats are terrible to get to. Therefore, I've switched to Delco Voyager maintenance free batteries. They also last longer than any other battery I've used. Got over four years out of two I had hooked to my 24 volt trolling motor.

Again I state, this is just my opinion.
What was I supposed to do today?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I can attest to delco voyagers. I have a dual purpose maintenance free in my jon boat that I bought 7 that's right 7 years ago, and its still going strong. I can crank a 25 evinrude and run my trolling motor all day on a charge.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

JimR
Site Sponsor

Post by JimR »

What should I expect to pay for Voyager's ? We don't have many places in T'ville for batteries other than Walmart , auto parts stores and one battery dealer. I'll call and see if he has the Delco line.
rev
Site Sponsor

Post by rev »

I've actually heard great things about the WalMart deep cycles...no first hand experience, though.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Seems like I paid 55 or 60 bucks for mine. Definitely not the cheapest on the market.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I've used Delco for some years now, simply because I could get them for $20. each. They were "seconds" because the terminal post were under sized. Didn't matter cause I use the screws on the post anyway. Lost that connection this year. :cry:
Semper Fi
JimR
Site Sponsor

Post by JimR »

Thanks guys. I'll look around and see if I can get them locally.
JimR
Site Sponsor

Post by JimR »

I found the Voyager's at Batterysource here in Thomasville. Group 24 is $86.80, group 27 is $96.41 :smt010 . I wonder if they are that much better than Walmarts ???? I will probably replace the battery in the KW in 3 years anyway.
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

Who in Tally sells Delco these days?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Talk to Doug Walker at AAA1 Transmission, on North Monroe Street, in Tallahassee. 222-2532
What was I supposed to do today?