Ecofina May 4-5

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Xpress

Ecofina May 4-5

Post by Xpress »

We had a good weekend trip kinda slow fishing at times we just had to work through it. Flats were like glass for a short time on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday caught our limit had to work for them though all big fish 17"+ fishing was slow first part of morning but water got moving and fishing got better that afternoon. Glad I brought rain suit got a little wet coming in Saturday afternoon. Sunday I was expecting a good bite all morning but that wasn't the case ran towards Rock Island first stop 17" inch fish I thought heck yeah this wont take long to get 10 good keepers boy was I wrong water quit moving flats got still and didn't catch another fish until 1130 by this time I had ran all over trying different things. I ran towards Aucilla thinking what the heck I'm gonna try it got there around 12 started fishing and got some wind and water movement and we put 9 big keepers all 17"+ in the cooler before 3. Hit the hill at 3 had to get back to the house. Good trip kinda cool Sunday morning. Now time to have a fish fry. :D
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina May 4-5

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Thanks for the report! Glad you got out there.
Team Jolly Mon