MOTHERS DAY MADNESS!!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bonecracker

MOTHERS DAY MADNESS!!

Post by Bonecracker »

Long weekend but first got to give credit where credit is due! My wonderfully talented daughter graduated Friday evening from UGA Magna Cum Laude and is now on to Graduate school!! :thumbup: :-D :thumbup: After graduation we celebrated late into the night causing me to limp back to Thomasville Saturday afternoon only to have yard work waiting on me!! :smt005 While sweating out the toxins from the nite before, dat's when the inspiration hit me to go fishin Sunday. Called the GF and it was game on!! :D

We put in at Econfina at 7:40am and the river was high so we screamed out of the river mouth and made an abrupt left toward Rock Island in hopes of finding some trout for da freezer! :D Did not take long and CT corks were a divin and we were netting some great trout on Gulp and 1/4 oz jigs. :thumbup: In honor of Mother's Day, the Fish God's shined down on the GF as she put a serious whoopin on all of us in the fish department!! She rocks!! :smt007 After landing a big 20 1/2- 21" trout I declared myself the big fish champ for the day and "WHAM" she slams a great 23 1/2" trout!!! Dang it, that taught me to keep my big mouth shut!! :smt021 The kids also had good luck as we put 21 great trout in the boat which was not bad for 3 1/2 hours of cork slingin and trash talkin!! Cranked the bote up at 12:00 and head home as we had a BIG Mother's Day dinner planned and what a terrific dinner it was!!! Let the pants out 2 notches, hit the couch for some quality R & R, and needless to say nobody had to rock me to sleep last night!! :smt015

Go gettem folks, they are a-bitting!! salute3

Last edited by Bonecracker on May 13th, 2013, 3:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
gatorgirl1

Re: MOTHERS DAY MADNESS!!

Post by gatorgirl1 »

Thanks to my favorite captain, the kids and I had a blast!!! Waiting for the next trip to the flats!!!
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Congrats to both you and your daughter. Good day of fishing. Thanks for the report.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Congrats on your daughter!! And congrats to the GF with a nice fat trout
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Congrats bonecracker!! Graduating mcl is no small feat. Congrats to Gatorgirl as well, way to go!!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven