Man Missing in Boat capsize.

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Man Missing in Boat capsize.

Post by Dubble Trubble »

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
LucWilliams

Re: Man Missing in Boat capsize.

Post by LucWilliams »

Hate hearing this. Believe it was in the St. George area based on what a buddy told me. Praying for a safe return of the boater and all law enforcement personnel.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

It was an oyster boat. a storm popped up quick. We were fishing and got the boat out, came across the bridge, and saw the boat swamped with sheriff cars looking off the bridge. Same thing happened last Oct. I believe it was, except there was some medical issues involved then. Still stormy, so searching is not easy.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

Very sad news. Hope it turns out ok.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

From what I heard, the young man didn't know how to swim and had no life preserver on :smt009 He had no chance of surviving :smt011 They live a tuff life to start with, being stupid about the way you live it don't help none!! :smt059
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

That is sad. You have to be three parts crazy to make a living on the water and not know how to swim. A cruise ship maybe, but a oyster boat is another thing.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

leonreno wrote:That is sad. You have to be three parts crazy to make a living on the water and not know how to swim. A cruise ship maybe, but a oyster boat is another thing.

LOL, Lately, I would think you would need to know how to swim more on the cruise ship!!!! :o

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

leonreno wrote:That is sad. You have to be three parts crazy to make a living on the water and not know how to swim. A cruise ship maybe, but a oyster boat is another thing.
I was thinking the same thing.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

This is sad.

How many of us wear life jackets and ask others on our boat to do the same? Remember the accident that happened this year out from Horse Shoe. Four men fishing (old men and some with Navy experience and all with years of fishing experience) and two drown. They didn't have life jackets. The two men that did have jackets survived. One surviver had a brother-in-law who drown.

That would be hard to live with!

May The Peace of God be with this young man's family.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
jslorenz3

Post by jslorenz3 »

This is sad. Serves as a good reminder to wear LJ's.
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

I usually don't wear my life vest when I'm out on the water, but if a storm comes rolling in or the boat starts taking on water, you better believe I am slapping that thing on (ESPECIALLY IF I COULDN'T SWIM!!) . It's not like the storm magically appeared. Either way it definitely sucks to lose someone no matter how it happens or if ignorance/stupidity is involved.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

When i fish solo, i have my vest "on" when i leave the dock. When i fish with someone who can handle the boat, i'll pass on the life vest until some bad weather comes around. I know of a guy fishing solo with his trolling motor running when he lost his balance and fell over the side -- boat just left him!!! Around 9:30 PM he hit the shore in someone's(?) back yard after four hours of swimming. He took his pants off and made a floatation device out of them. It can happen. The thought of one of them $400K Coast Guard choppers hovering over me would be very embarrassing!!
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

If I am by myself, the lifejacket goes on when I get on the boat and comes off when I leave. Same thing with my kayak. If I have guests, everyone has a lifejacket on and buckled while the boat is in motion. There is never any question if I have enough lifejackets when FWC stops me. A smart man learns from his mistakes. A really smart man learns from someone elses.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Last edited by Dubble Trubble on July 24th, 2013, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

They found his remains today. Brandon Wayne Creamer, 21 RIP. The bay is closed to oystering so he reportedly went out working on the state reshelling program that day.